- 16 ounces turkey
- 3 tablespoons diced pepperoncinis or pickled jalapenos or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (use 2 cups if you drain the meat)
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 3 ounces pepper jack cheese (approximately 3 slices torn into pieces)
- diced tomatoes optional
- additional pickled peppers optional
Spray a 12″ skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey, pepperoncinis, salt, and garlic. Saute and crumble meat until cooked through. Drain meat if desired, but I don’t to retain the flavor.
Stir in rice and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove lid, and stir in milk and cheese. Cook, stirring often, until cheese is melted. Serve topped with tomatoes and peppers if desired.
- Cook Time: 35