- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 1/2 lime cut into fourths
- 2 ounces dark rum (White rum is traditional, and if you don’t like dark rum’s spicy flavor, by all means use white.)
- club soda or seltzer water
- Muddle mint, sugar, and lime in the bottom of a tall, sturdy glass, just until mint is bruised and limes have been mostly juiced. (If you over muddle, you will pulverize the mint, which is not what you want.)
- If you don’t have a muddler, use the end of a heavy wooden spoon instead.
- Add rum, and muddle a tiny bit more to mix.
- Fill glass with ice, then top with club soda. Serve with cocktail straws if you have them.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Cocktail