- 3/2 cup rice;
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter;
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce;
- 1 teaspoon sugar;
- 3 small onions/1 and a half big onions (diced);
- 1 cup green beans;
- 1 carrot (diced);
- 1 teaspoon furikake seasoning;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper;
4 ounces of tofu.
How to Prepare the Rice:
- Rinse rice before cooking. Repeat this operation until the water is completely clean (I personally did it around 3 times).
- As an additional step, if you are not in a hurry, soak the rice for a quarter of an hour. This will reduce cooking time and will bring out more of the sweetness of the rice.
- On a small heat, boil the water and the rice until the water is completely absorbed.
- When it is done, set it aside.
How to Cook Tofu for the Fried Rice Recipe:
- First things first, fold the tofu in an absorbent kitchen towel, then put something heavy on it so that the liquid dries out of it.
- Remember that we do not use raw tofu, so we will line a pan with parchment paper, then preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F.
- After that, take a wooden chopping board and cut tofu into small cubes. Arrange it on the baking sheet.
- Bake it for half an hour or less until the edges of the tofu are golden brown and the texture is firm to the touch (the cooking time depends on the intensity of the fire).
How to Prepare the Sauce:
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
How to Prepare Fried Rice at Home
You will need to cook everything in a wok in order to have the best results.
- First of all, turn on the heat and add the vegan butter. After about 1 minute, when the butter is melted, you are ready to add the onions. Keep them on heat and mix well. Remember not to brown them. So, cook them for about 2 minutes, until they are only well sauteed.
- Next, add the carrots and green beans. Saute them for an additional 5 minutes.
- After that, pour in the sauce, add the cooked rice, and the furikake seasoning. Mix everything together for about 5 more minutes before you turn off the heat.
Finally, add the cooked tofu pieces and mix them all together. Enjoy fresh!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop cooked
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: vegan fried rice