Hi there! I’m Andi, and I’m so glad you found me! If you like easy, no-fuss recipes you are definitely in the right place. You’ve probably already seen what my recipes are like, so do you want to know a little about me?
I’m a stay-at-home mom of two young boys with a husband who works long hours. The kids are up early every morning and run me a bit ragged until their bedtime. After I get them to bed, I pour myself a glass of wine and get started on the second round of dinner for my husband and me. We don’t have the time-honored tradition of a nightly family dinner since the kids are usually in bed before Matt gets home. I do always sit with the boys while they eat (so I can tell them to stop smacking and stay at the table), and then my husband and I have a date night at home every night.
I started The Weary Chef in January 2013. I still have those boys, that husband, and that schedule. You know what else I have? A complete obsession with bringing you easy recipes every week! The Weary Chef has become my third (very demanding) child, and it energizes and exhausts me all at the same time.
If you want to know more about me, I’m from Mississippi, and my southern roots show in some of my recipes. I’ve lived in San Francisco for most of my adult life, so you’ll see a lot of Asian-inspired recipes too because I’m surrounded by amazing Asian food in this city. Wait, I’m talking about food again. Why don’t I just tell you a few random things about myself that don’t involve food (if possible)?
- I met my husband for the first time when I was twelve! We went through high school, college, and a cross-country move together. We have been together f-o-r-e-v-e-r. We are still best friends.
- Before I started this blog, I had never used more than a point and shoot or phone camera. I still feel like I don’t really know what I’m doing when it comes to photography.
- I rarely watch TV or movies. I would much rather be doing something interactive like playing a video game or browsing online. Sitting still and passively watching TV makes me very stir crazy!
- As of June 2014, I don’t (can’t) eat gluten anymore. I had been feeling sick for a while, and doctors couldn’t find anything wrong. I tried giving up wheat on a whim, and I started feeling much better! Giving up wheat is very not awesome, but not feeling sick all the time is.
- I prefer being indoors when possible. I can’t stand to be hot, and I’m not a fan of being cold either. I especially hate to be in the sun. I feel most comfortable at home or at Target where I’m protected from the elements 😉
- Speaking of being comfortable at home, I am a major homebody, especially at night. I have to drag myself out to evening events, which doesn’t happen often. Spending evenings and weekends at home is my very favorite thing.
- I had my first gray hairs in high school but really started going gray at 30. Coincidentally, this is also when I became a mother. I colored it for a while but am currently in the process of growing out the gray again.
- I hate messy things like sand, mud, or anything sticky. I don’t do well with a lot of noise either. That makes raising two boys a real challenge for me, but I love the little buggers so much that it’s worth it.
- I love pink. Maybe it’s because I’m the only girl in a house with three boys, but I like to surround myself with as much pink and glitter as possible.
- I’m a cheapskate or frugal or whatever you want to call it. It kills me to spend a lot of money dining out or on other extravagances. I’m certain that if I was a millionaire, I would still want to drive a very sensible car and buy my clothes on sale at Target. Fancy things are not for me.
- I love lists, especially numbered lists. I will continue to add to this one.
I’m so glad you are here. I hope you will stick around because I’m always cooking up something new for you!
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits!
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Instagram!
You can subscribe to posts by email too! Just enter your email address here.
I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with you!
Please leave a comment or email me to let me know how you like my menus, individual recipes, and blog format. I would love to hear from you!
Andi, The Weary Chef