This hearty baked chicken recipe with rich and creamy pumpkin rice is definitely a Fall dish to remember!
I have a treat for you today, folks: Baked Chicken with Pumpkin Rice! This has to be the juiciest baked chicken I’ve ever made, and the rice is so savory and satisfying that you will fall in love at first bite. I think I should tell you that I went through a range of emotions about this recipe before getting to the point of eating it. I will share them with you now so you can hopefully learn from my misconceptions and skip right to the “Oh wow this is good!” part at the end. Here was my thought process for this one:
- I decided to make baked chicken and rice, but I wasn’t too excited about it since it sounded a little boring.
- I got the idea to add pumpkin to the rice, which perked me up a bit, but I still thought it would be boring.
- Since I wasn’t enthusiastic about the recipe, I put off making this dish until the “sell by” date on the chicken gave me no choice but to cook it for dinner.
- Finally, I prepared the recipe, put it in the oven, and hoped for the best.
- An hour into baking, I removed the foil and saw that there was still A LOT of liquid left in the pan. I was sure it was a flop and started to consider our take-out options.
- After another 30+ minutes of baking, I was very happy to see that the liquid had all been absorbed! Plus, the chicken was cooked to the perfect temperature even after all that time in the oven. My hope was restored, but how would it taste?
- I took a bite of the pumpkin rice, and it was creamy, savory, and delicious. I cut into the chicken, and juices flowed out. What I thought would be humdrum was actually WOW!
I will never think baked chicken is boring again now that I have tried this version. I hope this chicken with pumpkin rice will become one of your family’s favorite fall dinners!
Want another great baked chicken recipe? Try this one!
- Red White and Blue Fluff Salad - July 1, 2016
- Spicy Mac and Cheese with Pork - June 28, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #179: Reunited! - June 24, 2016
- 15 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners - June 22, 2016
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016