There’s nothing quite like gathering around the dinner table for a special meal during the holidays.
In this article, we’ll look at a critical but often overlooked piece of cookware essential for every kitchen—the roasting pan.
Whether you’re a grandparent crafting a beloved family recipe or a hunter preparing an exotic game dinner for friends, you’ll want to be sure your roasting pan is up to the task.
Ideally, you should never have to think about your roasting pan until it’s time to pull it off the shelf and stick it in the oven. With the quality roasting pans in this review, you’ll be able to do just that.
10 Best Roasting Pans Comparison Table
10. Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Roasting Pan
- FEED EVERYONE ON THE HOLIDAYS: The Wilton Roasting Pan is ideal for turkey, prime rib, honey hams and more. Whatever you...
- LARGE CAPACITY SUITABLE FOR BIG BAKING PROJECTS: Our roasting pan measures 17 x 13 x 3 inches, so you’ll be confident...
- NON-STICK SURFACE: Features a non-stick surface with a coating that provides a quick and clean release of your tasty...
The Wilton Recipe Right pan is a simple option for those who need solid performance without many bells and whistles. This is a non-stick coated pan measuring 17 x 13 x 3 inches. It is dishwasher safe and won’t take up too much shelf space with extra handles.
- Dishwasher safe
- Utilitarian look
- Won’t hold up as well as higher-end pans in very high heat
9. Granite Ware Covered Rectangular Roaster 21.25 x 14 x 8.5 Inches
- Holds up to 25 lbs. Poultry.
- Porcelain enamel surface is an inert, non-porous and naturally non-stick surface.
- No PFOA, PTFE or other harmful chemicals & is Dishwasher safe
This Granite Ware pan has a rustic enamel finish that would look right at home with your country and camp cooking pieces. It’s made of carbon steel for superior heat distribution, and the enamel finish will provide a non-stick surface without any additional coating.
- Attractive enamel look
- Higher heat capacity and distribution
- Naturally nonstick coating
- Enamel finish can chip if dropped or hit
8. Mauviel 1830 M’heritage Tri-ply Copper Roasting Pan W/ Cast Iron Handles
- Mauviel Description: Copper Tri-Ply 20/70/10 Roaster 40x30cm/15.7x11.8 in. W/ RACK
- Size: 15.7 x 11.8 inches
- Capacity in quarts: 9.8
Mauviel is one of the highest-end brands in the cookware market place and for good reason. The 1830 copper pan is made from the company’s proprietary tri-layer copper and finished with distinctive cast-iron handles. As the name suggests, this is a piece of heritage cookware that could be handed on through many generations with proper care.
- Tri-layer aluminum construction
- Cast iron handles
- Shallower depth for more versatile cooking options
- Premium-grade fit and finish
- Very expensive
- Requires more delicate cleaning
7. Cuisinart 7117-16UR Chef’s Classic Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack
- Professional Stainless Exterior
- Riveted Stainless Handles
- Solid Stainless Steel Rack
Cuisinart is another well-respected name in the cookware space, and this stainless 16-inch pan shows why. This pan comes with a cooking rack and is ready to withstand daily use at over 500 degrees. It’s not only dishwasher safe but also has a durable, non-stick finish to help your recipe turn out right.
- Stainless steel finish
- High heat capacity
- Roasting racks included
- Premium-grade fit and finish
- Higher cost than some comparable pans
6. Norpro KRONA Stainless Steel 12 Quart Multi Roaster
- Capacity Roaster: 12 Quart/11.4 Liter
- Capacity Lid: 5 Quart/4.8 Liter
- The Roaster has a 5mm thick TRI-PLY ENCAPSULATED BASE.
The Norpro Krona stainless steel roaster is a tough and attractive pan that offers a lot into one package. This is a three-layer pan, so it will offer a superior level of durability even with high heat exposure. It comes with a cooking rack and lid that doubles as a serving dish.
It’s more expensive than some of the other racks on this list, but you will definitely get what you pay for with this package.
- Three-layer stainless steel
- Lid and rack included
- Ultra-durable design
- The attractive look could be stored out of the cupboard
- More expensive than comparable units
5. Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Roaster
- SUPERIOR COOKING FOR YEARS TO COME: Heavy-duty steel roaster pan designed to resist warping for years of roasting...
- ELEVATED COOKING EXPERIENCE: Roasting pan features a removable chrome-plated rack which raises meats up to allow fats to...
- EASY CLEANING NONSTICK ROASTER: Nonstick inside and out delivers great food release with quick cleanup; roasting pan is...
Like the Wilton pan, this is a simple and straight ahead pan for those looking to get the job done without spending a lot of money. This roaster is 11 x 15 inches and has a non-stick coating both inside and out. It’s a completely dishwasher safe unit and ready to withstand heat up to 450 degrees.
- Low price
- Cooking rack included
- Lower heat rating than some units
- Plain aesthetic
4. All-Clad 501631 Stainless Steel Large Roti Combo with Rack and Turkey Lifters
No products found.
All-Clad’s 501631 combo roasting system is another premium-grade product that will cover all your bases when it’s time to roast large cuts of meat.
This will hold up to a 20-pound turkey with no problems, and the included V-shaped rack will make it easy get a big bird in and out of the pan
It’s stainless steel inside and out and has oversized handles that will accommodate large oven mitts. Overall, we’re looking at one of the best turkey roasting pans you won’t get your hands burned on!
- Stainless steel construction
- V-shaped oven rack
- Holds up to 20 pounds
- Large secure grip handles
- Could offer more performance than most cooks need
3. Calphalon Contemporary 16-Inch Stainless Steel Roasting Pan with Rack
- A heavy-gauge aluminum core is sandwiched between 2 layers of stainless steel by means of high-heat, high-pressure...
- Roasting pan, aluminum core provides superior conductivity and even heating for excellent browning and control of the...
- Roasting rack holds up to a 25-pound turkey. Triple-riveted handles make lifting and turning easy. Goes from oven to...
This roaster from Calphalon marks another entry into the premium bracket in our review of the best roasting pans. It’s a high-capacity pan like the All-Clad, but this holds even larger cuts ranging up to 25 pounds.
The pan has an aluminum core, but it’s coated with two layers of stainless steel. This type of construction will cut down on the weight but maintain a superb heat capacity at over 500 degrees.
All in all, this one’s one of the best roasting pans with a rack that won’t rack up too much of your money.
- Three-layer construction
- V-shaped rack for heavy roasts
- Naturally non-stick stainless steel
- More durable than most cooks will need
2. All-Clad E8759964 Hard Anodized 16-Inch x 13-Inch Large Roasting Pan
- Ideal for roasting large cuts of meat or whole pieces of chicken
- V-shaped rack allows for even browning of meat and collection of natural juices in the base of the pan
- Tall, straight sides are ideal for preventing spills or splattering
This pan from All-Clad is a large roaster that will bring elite-level durability. It’s made from hard anodized aluminum for excellent heat transfer as well as scratch resistance.
While we never recommend cutting down into your pan, it’s bound to happen, and this scratch-resistant surface will come in handy over time.
The included V-rack will help lift a 25-pound cut of meat without issue, and the riveted handles are easy to grip and will provide easy removal from your oven.
- Hard anodized construction
- Scratch resistant and non-stick
- Large handles
- V-rack will support 25 pounds
- All-black aesthetic may not appeal to all cooks
1. Cuisinart CI1136-24BG Cast Iron Roasting/Lasagna Pan
- Cast iron contraction retains heat well. The porcelain enameled interior is perfect for cooking, surfaces do not impact...
- Wide cast iron handles provide a comfortable and secure grip. Oven safe knob for a durable grip and endless cooking...
- Cast Iron construction provides superior heat retention and even heat distribution.
While aluminum and stainless steel pans will work flawlessly in most conditions, sometimes there is no replacement for cast iron.
With this roasting pan, you can prep a recipe on your stove top and then transfer it directly into the oven without sacrificing any flavorful drippings.
This cast iron offering from Cuisinart offers an attractive enamel finish that will also look great as a serving dish on your table.
- Cast iron
- Enamel finish
- Excellent versatility for great roasts or baking
- Nearly indestructible
- Reasonably priced for cast iron
- Heavy and bulky to store
- Enamel finish could chip
Roasting Pan Product FAQ
What Should I Consider When Shopping for Roasting Pans?
One of the biggest considerations you’ll want to make when shopping for a roasting pan is size. If you have a large enough oven to accommodate a big pan, it may be worth sizing up.
You can usually cook smaller cuts of meat in a bigger pan but rarely squeeze big cuts into a smaller pan. Also, be sure to check the size of your over before committing to a roasting pan.
Depending on how much you use it, you might also want to go for easy to clean roasting pans. And if you love your prime rib, go for one with good heat conducting roasting racks.
Do I Need a Non-Stick Roasting Pan?
This will depend on how much work you put into the care and maintenance of your pan. With the right effort, non-coated pans will often build natural, nonstick surfaces that can be more durable than Teflon. Pre-coated pans will stick less out of the box but may be less durable
Do I Need a Specific Roasting Pan for Thanksgiving Dinner?
No. As long as you have a good quality pan that will fit your bird and distribute heat evenly. Test it out with some roast chicken before moving on to the turkey!
Are There Special Care Instructions for Roasting Pans?
Some high-end pans will have special coatings like beeswax that can require special care. Most roasting pans, however, can be washed by hand with dish soap or put through a dishwasher.
When you are shopping for a pan to cook roasts, there are two paths to take
- You can either choose a low-cost pan that will get the job done but won’t hold too much abuse and won’t win any design awards.
- The other option is to spend more cash for a pan that is far more durable, will heat more evenly, and will look better.
For that reason, our top overall pick from this list is the All-Clad E87599 hard anodized roasting pan with stainless steel handles.Buy on Amazon
The thing that sets this pan apart from the others on the list is the hard-anodized construction. The fact that this pan is not only non-stick but also scratch-resistant makes it an easy choice if you’re looking for durability over time.
While this pan is expensive, it will give you extra durability that may prevent you from buying another roasting pan further down the road. The 25-pound capacity also provides lots of versatility for those with a large oven. If you’re looking for a great quality roasting pan and have some extra money to spend, we highly recommend this product from All-Clad.
Last update on 2022-03-27 at 02:47 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API