Make a hearty pot of Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings for dinner tonight. Your family will thank you!
When you think of Southern comfort food, this is sure to be one of dishes that comes to mind. Chicken and dumplings is one of the first recipes I learned from my mom. She taught me to make it with canned biscuits, which is a great shortcut. I made it her way a lot in college and when we were newlyweds, but for some reason I forgot about this family favorite for a while. I’m so glad to bring it back, and the rest of the family is happy too! It’s hard not to enjoy a hot bowl of dumplings, chicken, and vegetables smothered in a thick and creamy broth.
This easy chicken and dumplings recipe is flexible on cooking ahead and keeping warm or getting ready in 45 minutes, with only about 15 minutes of active cooking. I love this warm, comforting dish for dinner at home on a cold day, or it’s great to take to potlucks. You can substitute canned biscuits for the Bisquick dumplings. If you do, I get the best results with the least expensive cans of biscuits, usually smaller cans sold in a 4-pack. If you prefer, serve with peas and/or carrots on the side, but I like making it a one-dish meal.
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016