Make a hearty pot of Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings for dinner tonight. Your family will thank you!
When you think of Southern comfort food, this is sure to be one of dishes that comes to mind. Chicken and dumplings is one of the first recipes I learned from my mom. She taught me to make it with canned biscuits, which is a great shortcut. I made it her way a lot in college and when we were newlyweds, but for some reason I forgot about this family favorite for a while. I’m so glad to bring it back, and the rest of the family is happy too! It’s hard not to enjoy a hot bowl of dumplings, chicken, and vegetables smothered in a thick and creamy broth.
This easy chicken and dumplings recipe is flexible on cooking ahead and keeping warm or getting ready in 45 minutes, with only about 15 minutes of active cooking. I love this warm, comforting dish for dinner at home on a cold day, or it’s great to take to potlucks. You can substitute canned biscuits for the Bisquick dumplings. If you do, I get the best results with the least expensive cans of biscuits, usually smaller cans sold in a 4-pack. If you prefer, serve with peas and/or carrots on the side, but I like making it a one-dish meal.
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016