Get excited because I’m about to show you a pudding pie recipe that can be ready in about 10 minutes! I’m not even talking about 10 minutes of prep. I mean you can be EATING PIE in 10 minutes. However, in order to get it done that quickly, you’ll need to use a store-bought pie graham cracker crust. But, even if you make your own, it’s still a super easy recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHEESCAKE PUDDING PIE
So, all you need for this Chocolate Cheesecake Pudding Pie is:
- Philadelphia whipped cream cheese;
- A box of instant chocolate pudding;
- a 9″ graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade).
The reason it’s important to use whipped cream cheese is that it’s fluffy enough to whisk into the pudding.
I typically do use pre-made crusts because
I’m incredibly lazy they are so easy. However, on this particular occasion, I made my own with graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar. Also, I have to say that the homemade crust did taste better, probably because of the butter.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHEESCAKE PUDDING PIE
- So, since I baked the crust, I had to let it cool before filling, which did add about a half-hour to the prep time. However, it was worth it if you ask me for this hearty, buttery graham crust.
- Once your crust is ready, you just need to whisk together your pudding mix and milk for a minute or two. Then, whisk in the cream cheese until smooth.
- Finally, spread that gorgeous, fluffy, chocolate pie filling into your crust. (Fortunately, since this is a no-bake recipe, you can lick the spoon with no worry.)
- Put your pie in the refrigerator for at least five minutes before serving. We enjoyed ours on its own the first night, with no whipped cream. The filling is not too sweet and not too soft (which can be a problem with other pudding pies I’ve tried). Also, the cream cheese makes it a bit firmer, but still melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
- The second day, I dropped a gigantic dollop of whipped topping on my pudding pie, and that was wonderful too. Really, you can’t go wrong with this dessert! If chocolate is not your thing, try it with vanilla or pistachio pudding!
All in all, this was one of the 10-minute recipes that I totally adore! From my experience, you cannot fail with this chocolate pudding pie when it comes to all sorts of occasions. It looks exquisite enough for a more formal gathering and it is 100% successful when it comes to children.
Finally, it is your time to share your thoughts. Tell us everything about your experience with this recipe! Did you love it as much as my family did? Were your kids delighted? Were you improvise and improve? If so, what did you do more? I am also interested to learn more about you. Also, if you have further questions, the comments section is the place to ask them. I’ll make sure to respond as quickly as possible.
Moreover, want more quick and tasty recipes with pudding? Here you go!