This savory, healthy Chicken and Greens dinner will make your mouth happy!
My very lucky husband works in an office where fresh, hot lunch made to order is delivered every day. They order food in the morning through a service called Eat Club, and then the food magically appears at lunchtime. He has had BBQ ribs, bacon-wrapped meatloaf, enchiladas, and just about everything in between, and he usually says everything is just OK.
Things changed last week when a Paleo restaurant showed up on the menu, and it is suddenly everyone’s favorite. I have not tried it myself since I spend my lunches taking photos of leftovers or eating frozen burritos, but he now comes home raving most days about whatever kind of stewed meat and vegetables he had for lunch. He and his friends say they aren’t interested in the Paleo diet exactly, but the food travels well and just tastes really good.
One of the first dishes he told me about was pork and greens. He is not particularly good at describing foods in detail, so I just used my imagination as to what it was like. When thinking about dinner recipes for this week, I was inspired to try some sort of meat and green something. As much as I love stewed pork, I wasn’t looking to cook a roast all day, and I had just thawed some clearance chicken that needed to be used. Thus, chicken and greens was born!
Now, let’s just talk about this whole Paleo thing for a moment. Actually, maybe you can do the talking because I know next to nothing about it. I do know that it’s about cavemen and that cavemen didn’t eat rice or salt or ice cream, which sounds like a pretty bad time if you ask me. I did consider serving this without rice, but my lifetime habit of eating a meat/grain/vegetable combination at dinner just wouldn’t let me.
You totally could skip the rice, but as for Paleo, I’m not sure about the wine and bacon. Don’t skip those though. THEY ARE TOO GOOD.
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016