Hello and welcome! I’m excited to share this week’s easy weekly dinner menu with you. If you are new here and love easy recipes, please consider subscribing to my newsletter to never miss a weekly menu or dinner idea!
How was your Valentine’s Day? Did you do anything special? At our house, the whole family was happy to wake up and exchange cards and sweets. Then, The Tall One had a fun time with his friends at school while The Short One and I spent the day at the zoo. After their bedtime, I actually put away my computer for the evening and spent it with my honey. We had steak and a mountain of roasted vegetables for dinner. It was my first time ever trying beets, and they turned out well. I diced and roasted them with potatoes and brussels sprouts, and I’m happy to have a new vegetable to add into the rotation. We had champagne and chocolates and played a super nerdy card game. It was a fun day!
I have another special day coming up: My birthday! I think that evening will involve cake and takeout so I can take the night off cooking. We usually have a shrimp boil for birthdays, but I think we’ll probably do that this weekend while everyone is home. While we’re on the subject, let’s talk about what else is on the menu for next week! Here’s your new easy weekly dinner menu:
- Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches with Beer Cheese Sauce – Do I need to tell you that sandwiches smothered in cheese sauce are amazing? Plus, this dinner takes under 20 minutes to make!
- Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas – This recipe is so savory and delicious. I have been wanting to make it again for a while and finally got a chance this week!
- Creamy Dijon Shrimp Pasta – This tasty dinner is perfect for the family or a romantic dinner at home.
- Sausage and Kale with Saffron Rice – This healthy dinner uses packaged saffron rice because I wouldn’t spring for saffron threads, but if you have a homemade version of yellow rice, just use that instead!
- Gyros Burgers – This is another one I’ve been wanting to make again for new photos and finally got around to it. These burgers with spicy yogurt sauce are really delicious!
- Couscous Antipasto Salad (serve as a main dish or as a side to grilled chicken) – This was my first time using pearl couscous, and it made for a flavorful, healthy pasta salad.
- In-a-Hurry Mexican Chicken Soup – You can’t beat the ease of this quick and tasty soup. Perfect for busy weeknights!