These chicken tostadas are easy to make and a fun alternative to tacos or nachos. Set up a topping bar, and everyone can make their own tostada work of art!
This is a favorite dinner at our house. It’s amazing how something so simple can make for such a fun meal! The chicken in this recipe can also be used to top taco salad, fill quesadillas, or serve on its own. If you want a really quick dinner, use leftover or canned chicken instead of cooking the meat. These are even better served with Quick Guacamole. Dig in!Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 8 corn tostadas (crunchy flat shells)
- 15 ounces refried beans (I use a Mexican brand if I can find it with real, live lard.)
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- finely shredded cabbage
- optional toppings include salsa, guacamole, diced tomatoes, and sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray (I like my 10″ iron skillet best). Cook chicken approximately 7 minutes per side, until brown and cooked through. Remove to cutting board and let rest a few minutes.
- While chicken is resting, arrange tostadas in a single layer on two baking sheets. Spread each tostada evenly with refried beans.
- Slice chicken into thin strips, and arrange on top tostadas. Sprinkle each tostada with 2 tbsp. shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
You might also like these fun and easy Mexican meals!