You can’t beat a dinner that looks fancy but only uses a few ingredients. This hasselback chicken definitely fits the bill! You can have stuffed chicken ready for the oven in only about 10 minutes, and your family or guests will ooh and ahh when they see this pretty chicken on their plates.
I got the idea of hasselback chicken from hasselback potatoes, and of course this all made me wonder where that name came from. I was sure it was somehow inspired by David Hasselhoff, but I was sadly mistaken. I guess you can’t find time to sell Lean Pockets AND develop potato recipes…
Actually, hasselback potatoes originated in Sweden at a restaurant called Hasselbacken, thus the name. This hasselback chicken, however, originated in my kitchen, and I can’t wait for you to try it!
I made the ham and cheese-stuffed chicken pictured here with colby jack cheese for the kids, and I used pepper jack for the grownups. You can use just about any melty cheese you’d like! I’m such a spice lover that I might slide some pickled jalapenos between the ham and cheese next time to kick up the pepper jack a little. This is so easy to make, so tasty, so pretty, so… Just try it, OK?!
Looking for more cheesy goodness? Check out these recipes…
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016