You can’t beat a dinner that looks fancy but only uses a few ingredients. This hasselback chicken definitely fits the bill! You can have stuffed chicken ready for the oven in only about 10 minutes, and your family or guests will ooh and ahh when they see this pretty chicken on their plates.
I got the idea of hasselback chicken from hasselback potatoes, and of course this all made me wonder where that name came from. I was sure it was somehow inspired by David Hasselhoff, but I was sadly mistaken. I guess you can’t find time to sell Lean Pockets AND develop potato recipes…
Actually, hasselback potatoes originated in Sweden at a restaurant called Hasselbacken, thus the name. This hasselback chicken, however, originated in my kitchen, and I can’t wait for you to try it!
I made the ham and cheese-stuffed chicken pictured here with colby jack cheese for the kids, and I used pepper jack for the grownups. You can use just about any melty cheese you’d like! I’m such a spice lover that I might slide some pickled jalapenos between the ham and cheese next time to kick up the pepper jack a little. This is so easy to make, so tasty, so pretty, so… Just try it, OK?!
Looking for more cheesy goodness? Check out these recipes…
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016