You are going to LOVE this recipe! A few simple ingredients come together to make a creamy, cheesy chicken spaghetti casserole that will please the whole family.
My late aunt used to make the best cheese spaghetti when I was a kid, and I have never quite been able to replicate it. My baked mac and cheese recipe is not even close. I’m pretty sure she used something like American “cheese” singles or maybe Velveeta, which is why I think my homemade attempts never taste like hers. This chicken spaghetti is about the closest I’ve gotten, and it is a new family favorite!
I usually avoid canned soup as an ingredient, but the cheese soup was calling my name at the grocery store with its promise of convenience. I have to admit that it did not disappoint! This meal is perfect for busy nights, and I bet your family will love all that cheesy goodness.
I chose cauliflower to add to this recipe because it’s white and blends in to be almost invisible. I knew if I added something green that noses would be turned up instantly. Matt said he wasn’t fooled and noticed the cauliflower right away, but he did eat it without complaint, so that’s a success. (That’s my husband I’m talking about: An adult…) You can of course feel free to use whatever vegetable(s) you want! You could also cut the cauliflower into much smaller pieces to make it blend in more easily.
If you are worried about too much spice, just use petite diced tomatoes instead of Rotel tomatoes, but it really wasn’t that spicy as written. I hope you will try this cheesy chicken spaghetti recipe, and let me know how you like it!
- 8 ounces spaghetti uncooked
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cauliflower florets chopped small
- 10 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Break spaghetti noodles into thirds and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add chicken and cauliflower to hot skillet, and sprinkle with garlic powder. Stir fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese soup to chicken mixture, and stir to combine. Add cooked noodles, and stir to coat. Transfer this cheesy goodness to the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. (You could actually skip this step if you wanted and just melt the cheese over the pasta in the skillet before serving.)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
You might also want to check out…