I love this recipe because it has it all: kick from the buffalo sauce, crunch from the veggies and crispy onions, creamy sauce, and tender chicken, all tied together in a flour tortilla so that you get everything in every bite! Now I know it has few more ingredients and steps than some classic buffalo chicken wrap recipes, but I guarantee it is worth it and why this one is the best.
These Easy Buffalo Chicken Wraps come together quickly and will please the whole family! This tasty recipe takes all of 15 minutes to make, and boy is it good! Enjoy a meal by making this delicious recipe. Make sure to treat your family to a decent dish such as this. A recipe that I have loved for years. You will certainly love it as well.
Why I Love this Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe?
I could put buffalo sauce on everything! The reason I am such a big fan of buffalo sauce is that it is a great balance of spice, acidity, and sauciness and also pairs so well with other flavors. It is great on chicken and veggies and pairs well with cheese and starches. This flexibility that buffalo sauce lends itself to also makes this recipe so adaptable. You can always switch out romaine for iceberg lettuce, cucumber for celery, or cheddar for jack cheese. The wrap will still be great, no matter what combinations you decide on.
Ranch vs. Blue Cheese: There is a lot of debate and personal preferences about which should be paired with buffalo chicken. I typically make mine with ranch because our kids prefer it over blue cheese. That being said, the recipe works great with either, and the two can be swapped out 1:1 in the recipe.
This buffalo chicken wrap recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken, and it is all wrapped up neatly in a tortilla. I get all that delicious buffalo chicken flavor in a much healthier and easier form.
Quick and Simple Buffalo Chicken Wraps
You’ve come to the right spot if you’re looking for a weeknight meal that’s quick, simple, and incredibly tasty. With spicy rotisserie chicken with a buffalo taste, fresh, crunchy vegetables, and tangy homemade ranch dressing all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla, Buffalo Chicken Wraps are wonderful. In less than 15 minutes, the complete dish is prepared and ready for the dinner table.
High in protein and simple to make, this vegan buffalo chicken is delicious. You can add vegetables to your wrap, as well as a simple vegan coleslaw that is flavorful. It is a delicious lunch idea to prepare ahead of time are these quick buffalo chicken wraps! It was fantastic because we made our own! Can’t wait to include it in other dishes! These wraps were stuffed with shredded cheese, ranch, shredded carrots, and buffalo chicken. They are quick and simple to put together and make a delicious lunch. The result is a flavorful wrap that is excellent.
Some Buffalo Chicken Wraps Ingredients
Your favorite recipe for juicy, tasty, and simple buffalo chicken wraps is here! This chicken wrap dish includes a simple buffalo chicken recipe, a creamy sauce, slaw, and other ingredients that make it a satisfying dinner. This really simple buffalo chicken wrap recipe is what you need to try next if you’re seeking for camping/picnic or lunch idea. The finest lettuce wraps ever with buffalo chicken. Something about the warm wrap and crunchy chicken, together with the crunch of the lettuce and any desired cheese. The traditional pairing of buffalo chicken with ranch is incredibly pleasant. The homemade sriracha ranch that is used in this buffalo chicken wrap adds just the right amount of flavor.
Other Alterations and Substitutions
- You can reduce the carb content of this dish by rolling the wrap in iceberg lettuce, s
- Substituting turkey or pork for the chicken, and spreading some blue cheese or ranch
- Dressing over the flour tortilla before adding the filling.
- Romaine lettuce can be used in place of cabbage.
- By skipping the pepper, you can lessen the spice in these wraps. Avocado slices or carrot juliennes can also be layered on top.
- Crispy Fried Onions: This is a little extra touch that helps add a little extra onion flavor more importantly, replicate the crunch texture and flavor of fried chicken without having to go through all the work of breading and frying the chicken tenders. You can make your own fried onions/shallots if you have time, but French’s Crispy Fried Onions or Maesri Fried Shallots work really well.
How To Keep Wraps From Getting Soggy?
- Wraps get soggy if you pack them for the end of the day, especially if you bring them for lunch, it can get soggy.
- Simply carefully wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap to prevent that. It won’t get wet and the wrapping won’t get soggy if you wrap it in foil.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: First of all, slice chicken breast into several long, thin strips. Then, in a bowl, whisk together salt, olive oil, hot sauce, and other spice that you like. Mix all of that with the chicken and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
The chicken breasts may seem to be spicy when you see the amount of hot sauce in the recipe, but they are pretty tame, especially with the dressing and veggies to cool them down. Although, remember that every ingredient should be to your taste. I always guide my readers to follow their tastes and preferences, as there is no recipe for everyone!
Step 2: Cook the chicken strips as you wish. I choose to arrange them into a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and let the meat cook for only 5 minutes.
Step 3: Meanwhile, place tortillas on a plate and spread with a thin layer of bleu cheese or ranch dressing. This step is not mandatory, as you can always serve your tortillas only with your chicken and some veggies. Layer with lettuce, carrots, avocado, and cheese.
Why Make This Recipe?
Quick: This recipe only takes 30 minutes to prepare (if you use leftover or rotisserie chicken for shredding).
Easy Dinner: The best dish because they are so simple to do. Even kids can do it.
Healthy: Our buffalo chicken recipe is very healthy. They are naturally gluten-free, low-carb, and packed with protein, Vitamin A, and huge bursts of Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron. Whole30 and paleo diets can be easily substituted.
Flexible: Shredded buffalo chicken wraps are a great alternative for a quick dinner or lunch that can be easily scaled up for a large group. The most welcoming wraps you’ve ever encountered.
Refrigerator: Wraps made with crispy buffalo chicken leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Wrap each roll individually in foil after they have cooled, then place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Before reheating frozen leftovers in the microwave or oven, let them thaw in the refrigerator. Be sure to remove the foil before heating it in the oven. The chicken wraps in foil should be baked in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until well heated.
Further Tips and Tricks
Also, do not you think these green tortillas look fun? How does your family feel about spinach wraps? I usually think colorful things will be fun and exciting, but my kids are instantly suspicious and leery of abnormally colored foods (unless icing is involved).
Arrange a few chicken strips down the center of each tortilla. Wrap tightly, like a burrito. Serve up these easy chicken wraps with chips and apple slices for a super-duper quick dinner. Or, if you have time, try serving them with baked battered fries instead!Print
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large tortillas (I used spinach wraps.)
- 1/3 cup Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage or salad greens
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Add chicken, and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 5 minutes. (You can put in the fridge for up to 24 hours for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over high heat and spray with cooking spray. Place each tortilla on a plate, and spread dressing evenly over the surface, leaving about an inch around the edges. Sprinkle cabbage, carrots, and cheese over the dressing.
- Use tongs to arrange chicken pieces in your very hot skillet, leaving excess marinade behind. Cook approximately 5 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange cooked chicken pieces down the center of each tortilla. Wrap tightly, cut in half, and serve.
If you want more heat, add cayenne to taste to the chicken marinade!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
Nothing pairs with buffalo sauce like ice cold lager beer (think wings and beer!). In this case, I enjoyed some Sapporo, Japanese Lager with the absolutely delicious buffalo chicken wrap.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
Serving: 1 Burrito
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
Enjoy Your Buffalo Chicken Wraps!
Finally, make sure to leave a comment letting me know how you like the recipe and how did you adjust it to your taste. You can also share a picture on Instagram and tag me with @wearychef. I love to see what you’re cooking and all your inspiring ideas!
Last but not least, if you are interested in more chicken or turkey recipes, take a look at the next homemade delicacies. The Buffalo Turkey Burgers or the Buffalo Chicken Fajitas are some of our favorites! Not only they are prepared using white meat, so they are gentle with our health and weight, but they also are tasty and so easy to make. These two easy dinner recipes can also be your helping hand when you lack meal inspiration.
Give them a try and share your experience!
Check out more of these recipes that your kids will surely love.