If you love Buffalo wings, you’ll enjoy the flavor of these easy Buffalo Turkey Burgers with hot sauce and blue cheese cooked right in!
There seem to be trends in the food world like cake pops, kale chips, and Nutella recipes. Right now caprese seems to be the hotness, and I don’t know what else. If I did know, maybe I’d be a more successful blogger! I’m never up on fashion trends, so why should I do any better with food trends?
Case in point, are Buffalo recipes over? No, not the animal buffalo. I’m talking about the hot sauce kind. I don’t think I ever made Buffalo anything until I started using Pinterest towards the end of 2012. Then I found Cook Lisa Cook’s Loaded Buffalo and Chicken Casserole recipe, and everything changed! (Seriously, you have to try that recipe if you haven’t already. SO GOOD.)
My mom is crazy about buffalo wings, but I’m not much of a wing person. I’ll eat a few if you put them in front of me (as is the case with most everything), but they are so greasy and messy! I only like the drumstick kind because I at least understand how to eat those. The other ones with the two little bones and meat in the middle hardly seem worth the trouble. Maybe I should get in on the boneless buffalo wings trend. Are those just pieces of chicken? Or, I’ll stick to buffalo chicken wraps and these burgers, which are both easier to eat all around.
I hope everyone’s not tired of Buffalo recipes yet because I’m just getting started! Now where did I put that bottle of hot sauce…
Watch the how-to recipe video!
- 1/4 cup hot chili sauce like Frank’s Redhot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles or more to taste
- 6 cheese slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- your choice of condiments mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.
- In a large bowl, stir together hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and milk. Add ground turkey and bread crumbs and stir well to combine. Gently stir in blue cheese.
- Divide meat into six balls, and shape into patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Add burger patties to skillet and cook for approximately 7 minutes on each side, until brown and cooked through.
- Melt a slice of cheese over the tops of the burgers in the last couple minutes of cooking if desired.
- Dress buns with condiments of your choice, add a burger patty to each bun, and enjoy!
You can also cook these burgers on the grill if you prefer!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Dish
Don’t miss this other spiced up burger recipe!