Ahem, do you notice anything different about me? No, I didn’t get a haircut, and I definitely didn’t lose weight. (I wish.) I revamped The Weary Chef in a major way! I told you a few weeks back that I was looking to create a better experience for readers visiting from mobile devices (which is over half of you most days). I tried a few diffehtrent mobile site options, but after much trial and error I decided on this fabulous new responsive theme. If your eyes are glazing over right now, I’ll just say that a responsive theme adjusts to look great and work well on any size screen from a cell phone to a humongous monitor. I hope you like the new look and would love to hear your feedback!
Here’s a new easy weekly dinner menu loaded with tasty dishes. I hope you enjoy this collection of easy recipes!
- Six-Ingredient Meatballs and Gravy over Rice with Green Beans– You can’t go wrong with anything involving rice and gravy if you ask me. This recipe is so simple thanks to ground sausage. (If you’d like, you could make a double batch of meatballs and save half for the next recipe on this list!) Serve with steamed green beans tossed with a little salted butter and lemon pepper.
- Cheeseburger Treasures with Fries and Sliced Fruit – Did you see this recipe with my video debut earlier this week? You don’t want to miss it because these suckers are good and easy of course. Serve with frozen fries baked at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes and sliced fruit of your choice.
- Layered Pasta Casserole – This dish is probably best suited for a weekend meal since it takes closer to an hour to prepare. Half the time is spent baking though, so you could be doing other things with your time while you wait, like sitting quietly if you are lucky!
- Greek Salad – This menu really needed some extra vegetables thrown in, and no better way to enjoy them than this Greek Chicken Salad full of tomato, cucumber, olives, and feta!
- Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – You’d better get your fancy pants on for this one. Stack thinly sliced brie, pear, and prosciutto on sliced sourdough. Heat a couple teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown both sides until the cheese is melty. Heavenly! If you want a slightly less fancy but still delicious version, try cheddar, ham, and apple. Serve with grape tomatoes and baby carrots.
- Margarita Fajitas – I made this again this week and edited the recipe to amp up the spices a bit. I also tried it with steak instead of chicken, and both ways are great. (Are you tired of seeing sliced mini bell peppers yet? Surely not because they are so pretty! I bought a giant bag of them at Costco, so they are lasting forever!)
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti – I may have saved the best for last this week. This spaghetti casserole is so easy to make and satisfying. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner!
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits!
Follow me on:
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Bloglovin!
You can subscribe to posts by email too!
I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with you!
I did notice something looked different here ;-) I’m in for the salad and fajitas for sure. Margarita anything works for me, but I especially love fajitas!
Speaking of margaritas, have a funny story for you: I made your blue skies with chambord, but only had a sip or two as I was taking daughter and a friend out to a play. Put it the fridge and drank half of it Sunday afternoon while starting on dinner. Was starting to get light-headed (half of your recipe was a full drink), so figured I’d had enough. We were grilling salmon, so I poured the rest of the cocktail over the salmon, then let it marinate while I went down for a much-needed nap. The salmon was excellent and now I know margaritas work well as marinade :-)
The Weary Chef says
Raspberry Margarita Salmon? Why not?! How funny that you decided to pour your drink over your fish. Glad it turned out, and I think you should post THAT recipe (and story) on Food for Fun :)
Asunda Figurilli says
I would love it if nutritional info was given ESP. Calories
The Weary Chef says
That’s a great request, Asunda! I will look into options for adding that to my recipes. Thanks for your visit :)
Yum! I didn’t eat lunch today and since ive been home from work I’m starving!
The Weary Chef says
I’m not a fan of skipping meals. Hope you got a good snack and great dinner! Thanks so much for stopping by!