These paprika chicken tights are juicy on the inside and crispy and reddish on the outside. The perfect way to serve them is with some flavorful rice with chopped veggies. Also, this baked chicken and rice dish saves you the cleanup, as it’s a one-pot recipe!
This tasty chicken with paprika seasoning is bursting with color and flavor, but it’s not too spicy, so is safe for your little ones, too!
Know More About Paprika
- Being a powdered spice that comes from red peppers, paprika has a subtle earthiness, with a sweet and peppery taste. Also, smoked paprika tastes likely to the original, but with the extra bonus of a distinct chargrilled flavor. The flavor of the smoked paprika comes from being dried over an oak wood fire.
- Since paprika has a mild flavor, larger amounts can be used while cooking.
- It is also commonly used only for adding color to dishes. Use paprika to add flavor and vivid red color to pretty much any dish. It works great with lighter-colored foods such as potato salad and deviled eggs, and chicken meat.
- Paprika contains capsaicin, a compound found in peppers, that is known to have a wide range of health benefits. For example, it has antioxidant properties, can help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease, and improve immunity.
- Like many spices, too much paprika can cause bitterness in your dishes. If you encounter this issue, the best way to get rid of bitter flavors is to add a little sweetness.
How to Make Paprika Chicken & Rice at Home
This paprika recipe is something that I love to make whenever my babies are home for lunch. Both of them are big chicken fans and I also love to see them eating some rice with vegetables instead of french fries. They are super excited about the texture of the chicken tights, as they are so crispy and delicious.
So, after drinking my morning tea, feeding the cats, and writing a little on the blog, I love to spend an hour in the kitchen preparing this paprika chicken. The smell from all the flavors is amazing and the process is quite relaxing, too. It’s nothing complicated about it, you’ll see!
First of all, it is important to know that I prepared Paprika chicken on rice, today, so the recipe includes more ingredients. However, I am aware that many of you are interested in finding out only how to cook paprika chicken. So, I decided to split the ingredient list in two: what you need for the chicken and what you need to also prepare the spicy rice.
Even though I advise you to prepare both as the final result is out of this world and also quite easy, the decision is all yours.
Ingredients for Paprika Chicken:
- 8 chicken thighs;
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper;
- 2 teaspoon paprika;
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika;
- 1 teaspoon hot chili pepper flakes;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Ingredients for Oven Rice with Veggies and Spices:
- 2 cups long grain rice;
- 1/2 cup chicken broth;
- 1 onion (chopped);
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped);
- chopped mushrooms (If desired);
- 5 garlic cloves (minced);
- 1/2 cup butter;
- fresh parsley and extra hot chili pepper flakes for plating.
Paprika Chicken Step-by-Step Recipe
Now, that you found out what ingredients you need in order to rock this flavored chicken-on-rice recipe, it’s time actually to start preparing it. It may seem a little complicated at first, so I recommend reading it first. It’s a lot easier to be able to predict the next step while cooking something.
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a large bowl, evenly season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, and smokey paprika.
- On high, heat olive oil in an oven-proof pot and place chicken thighs, skin-side up, in the hot oil. Cook for 7-10 minutes or the thighs develop brown crispy skin and flip over.
- Cook an additional 7-10 minutes to brown the other side and remove from the pot.
- Add the garlic and the butter to the pot, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the chopped onion and red pepper pieces and stir. Cook them for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Pour the rice and chicken broth into the pot and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, bringing it to a boil.
- Add water and cook the rice for 10 minutes, string it.
- Then, add the mushroom pieces and the paprika chicken thighs back into the pot, skin-side up, on top of the rice.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bake your paprika chicken with rice for 30 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- For extra crispy chicken thighs, remove the lid from the pot and bake for extra 5 minutes.
Easy Video Recipe for Paprika Chicken and Rice
Even though it takes almost one hour to prepare this red and crispy dish, the steps are quite easy. So, I made this video tutorial for convincing you all how simple it really is to prepare paprika chicken on rice. I hope this will convince you to try my recipe, as I promise you’ll be impressed by how juicy chicken thighs will be on the inside!
Enjoy Your Chicken Meal!
Finally, as you surely already noticed, this is an incredibly versatile recipe and is also easy to double or triple for larger groups. In addition, please keep in mind that these crispy still juicy paprika chicken will be kept very well in the refrigerator, covered tightly, for three to five days, not that you are likely to have it around for that long. This is such a deliciously flavorful dish that I can guarantee it will disappear very quickly!
Last but not least, I will be super excited to find out what your opinion is on this recipe. Did you enjoy preparing it? What did your family think about it? Did you prepare the one-pot rice with veggies, too? Also, if you have improved it, please let me know. Tell me everything in the comment section below.
In addition, if you need more chicken recipes, the next ones are some favorites of mine that are ready in no time: