Add some spice to your dinner with these quick and easy Buffalo Chicken Fajitas. It will take you no time at all to get these tasty tacos on the table, and your family will surely love them!
I topped my buffalo fajitas with sour cream, but you could use Ranch or blue cheese dressing for more classic Buffalo flavor. You can also drizzle a little extra Buffalo sauce on top!
This recipe calls for a little extra cayenne pepper because I wanted to turn up the heat a bit without adding more vinegar flavor from the hot sauce. You can of course adjust that to to taste or just add hot sauce to individual portions.
Without the cayenne, this fajita recipe is definitely mild enough even for kids. I like my food to be pretty dang spicy, but my kids aren’t usually wanting their food to set their tongues on fire.
If you have time to marinate your chicken and peppers longer than 15 minutes, they will be more flavorful. Ideally, try to do all the prep in the morning, then pop it in the fridge to soak all day. That will make dinnertime even easier for you, and your fajitas will taste amazing!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Add some spice to your fajitas with hot sauce and cayenne!
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/4 cup hot sauce like Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1 red onion sliced into 1/4” strips
- 1–2 bell peppers sliced into 1/4” strips
- 8–12 tortillas
- sour cream optional
- shredded Mexican cheese optional
- In a large bowl, stir together hot sauce, olive oil, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
- Add chicken, onion, and bell peppers to the bowl, and stir to coat well. Allow to marinade for at least 15 minutes (or for a few hours for better flavor).
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add chicken mixture, and saute until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with tortillas, cheese, and sour cream for do-it-yourself fajita assembly. Have fun!
You can also top these buffalo fajitas with blue cheese or ranch dressing and more hot sauce to taste.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes to love:
The flavor was nice, but the sauce came out pretty water-y for me :/ Is there a way I could thicken up the sauce or something?
Andi Gleeson says
Hi, Em. I’m sorry you ended up with watery sauce. Personally, I would just use a slotted spoon to remove the meat and vegetables from the pan and leave the sauce behind. Another option would be to stir a tablespoon of cornstarch into 1/4 cup of water, and stir that into the sauce. Simmer until thickened. That should do the trick. Thank you!
These smells so delicious just with preparing them. The chicken mixture is marinating now. Can’t wait to try them! Thanks for the pin! :)
Thanks, Tricia! I hope you loved the finished dish :)
Andi, they were perfect. I like a lot of spice too. Delish and definitely on the weekly menu!
So glad to hear it, Tricia! Thank you!
Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama says
Sooooo… I pretty much love this, Andi! And I have no idea how I never thought of this before seeing as how much my family and I love Buffalo chicken- yum! :)
I wondered why I never thought of it before too! I’m sure you will like these fajitas if you love Buffalo chicken. Thanks so much for stopping by, Carrie!