This scrumptious french bread pizza topped with buffalo chicken, ranch, and melted cheese is an easy dinner you’ll want to make again and again!
Hi! It’s Dee from Meatloaf and Melodrama, and I’m back again this month with an easy pizza recipe that’s perfect for game days or a quick dinner any day.
I’m a huge college football fan, and whenever my favorite team is playing, I usually make a bunch of easy appetizers that the family can enjoy while watching the game. I love, love, love spicy Buffalo wings, but I don’t get to enjoy them very often since not everyone in my house is a fan. My husband doesn’t really like spicy food, and most of the kids don’t like wings. They don’t mind the spice, but they just don’t like wings — weird, right? Anyway, to get my fix, I usually make Buffalo-flavored chicken and use it in other ways (like in this dip you need to try!!).
This time, I decided to make French bread pizza and top it with some Buffalo chicken. This is a very quick and easy dish, and the prep work is minimal. Whenever I make French bread pizza, I usually use the entire loaf, but that makes a lot. Half of a loaf is plenty for a small dinner or as an appetizer along with other dishes. If you want to make more, you can easily use the whole loaf and double the recipe.
To make the pizza topping, I cooked some chicken and then added a mix of Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. The ranch helps turn the heat down, and it makes a nice creamy sauce for the pizza. Then, I spread the chicken mixture on both sides of the cut loaf of bread and topped it off with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
It only takes about 10 minutes in the oven before the cheese melts and the bread gets nice and crispy. I also broiled the pizza a little so that the cheese was nice and bubbly. Right before serving, I drizzled some extra ranch on the top and added some gorgonzola cheese and parsley for a little extra flavor. You can use blue cheese if you have that or leave it off entirely.
I’m not gonna lie — this cheesy Buffalo chicken French bread pizza is spicy, but it’s not extremely hot. My kids enjoyed it, although they added extra ranch to cool it off! If you want a lighter pizza, you could try using a different kind of bread. To make this dinner even easier, you can use leftover cooked chicken. I just know you will love this easy meal!
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce or red chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 loaf French bread cut in half
- additional ranch dressing, chopped parsley, and gorgonzola or blue cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Season the chicken with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, and cook in olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing, and cook over medium heat until mixture is warm.
- Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet, and spoon chicken mixture evenly over the bread
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crispy.
- Turn oven to broil, and broil for about a minute or so until cheese is bubbling and slightly brown. (Watch carefully to avoid burning!)
- Garnish with extra ranch dressing, gorgonzola or blue cheese and parsley, if desired.
- Prep Time: 20
You’ll also love these scrumptious Buffalo flavored recipes!