Dig into these super easy pork fajitas, just right for family dinners on busy nights! Thank you to Smithfield for sponsoring this recipe.
Don’t these pork fajitas look like a perfect dinner? They are super quick and easy too! I definitely have pork on my mind right now because tomorrow I’m leaving to visit Smithfield, VA and tour the Smithfield facilities. It’s going to be a busy, whirlwind trip, and you can follow along on Instagram if you’d like. I know a tour of the smokehouse and a dinner involving a whole smoked pig are involved, so needless to say I’m pretty excited!
When I get home, I’m going to be worn out, so I think we’ll have a repeat dinner of these pork fajitas. They are seriously so perfect for nights when you’re feeling extra weary. (I did make my own corn tortillas since they are so much better than storebought, but those are pretty fast too!) Slice up an onion and pepper and a Smithfield marinated pork loin filet, and then saute them with a few extra seasonings for the veggies. Dinner is done, and it will feel like a party even on a plain old weeknight. Mexican food always makes dinner more fun if you ask me!
The deliciously tender, fresh Smithfield pork really shines in this dish. I have to say that I actually liked this pork fajitas recipe better than steak because the meat is so tender and flavorful. Sometimes strips of steak can be a bit tough to bite through in fajitas, but Smithfield marinated pork always seems to melt in your mouth no matter how you cook it!
Before I get to this recipe, let me recap the other recipes I’ve made so far this year with Smithfield marinated pork to remind you how versatile this meat is!
- Slow Cooker Pork Chile Verde (Just right for cold nights!)
- Herbed Pork Grilled Cheese (Ultimate comfort food.)
- Grilled Pork and Apple Kebabs (Pork and apple make the best pair!)
- Grilled Stuffed Pork Loin (This one is not to be missed. You can make it in the oven too!)
I have one more recipe in the works for you this year that will feature marinated pork AND bacon, and it will be perfect for holiday entertaining. Stay tuned for that, but until then, enjoy these fajitas!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic Pork Loin Filet sliced across the grain into 1/2″ thick strips
- 8 small tortillas
- desired condiments (fresh lime, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc.)
- Heat olive on in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, and seasonings. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add pork, and continue stirring and cooking until meat is cooked through. Serve with tortillas and condiments of your choice. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
Thank you again to Smithfield for sponsoring this recipe. Stay in touch with them on Facebook for more great recipes and porktastic fun!