Grilled Shrimp & Watermelon & Arugula Salad
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3/4 pound large raw shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro for serving
- 6 large bamboo or metal skewers if bamboo, soak in warm water 30 minutes prior to cooking
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed juice combination of orange, lime, lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon a fewof kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula washed and spun dry
- 2 cups seedless watermelon rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces good feta cheese 1/2-inch diced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) whole fresh mint leaves julienned
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika for marinade.
Thread shrimp onto skewers, about 5 to 6 shrimp per skewer. Place on a plate. Pour marinade over shrimp skewers.
Oil grates of a grill and set to medium heat.
Add skewers to grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until pink and opaque, basting with any extra marinade while cooking.
Whisk together the juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly.
Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, cucumbers and mint in a large bowl. Reserve some mint to garnish.
After shrimp is grilled, add vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well, reserve some vinaigrette to drizzle over shrimp.
Spread salad on large platter, distribute watermelon evenly. Place shrimp over top of salad, add remaining vinaigrette, finish with fresh mint, cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Category: Salad
Leave a Reply