Learn how to prepare this delicious and healthy Greek salmon salad with feta cheese, avocado, and veggies. The ingredients are more than affordable and it is ready in only 20 minutes. I also included an easy video recipe to make things even simpler for you, my loves!
Salmon Salad FAQs
Before we start preparing the salmon salad, I think it’s essential to know some basic things about this healthy dish. You already know that I love to stay informed, so here are some basics about this greek salad with salmon fillet recipe that we are going to make together.
If you frequently consume salmon, it can help you lose weight and keep it off. Like other high-protein foods, salmon helps regulate the hormones that control appetite and help you feel full. Therefore, you won’t feel the need to eat more.
However, keep in mind that, according to FDA, salmon, catfish, tilapia, lobster, and scallops, are safe to eat two to three times a week, or 8 to 12 ounces per week.
Salmon will take 20 to 25 minutes in an oven at 350 F. However, you can also cook it on the stovetop, in an air fryer, or on a grill, which will take less time Keep in mind that perfectly cooked salmon should be juicy and easy to flake with a fork once it is cooked.
What Goes Well with Salmon?
If you loved the salmon salad recipe and want to try more dishes including this full of nutrients fish, here are some simple recipes that pair it just perfectly:
- PASTA SALAD WITHOUT MAYO: This easy pasta salad without mayo can easily be made into a vegan pasta salad with the right pasta and eliminating the feta. It’s great for barbecues and potlucks since it doesn’t contain mayonnaise, so you don’t have to worry about it sitting out for a couple of hours. I also love it leftover for lunch during the week, and again, it’s safe to pack in lunch boxes even if it won’t be refrigerated for a few hours.
- LEMON PASTA: Quick and easy to make, this simple lemon pasta recipe is the perfect light dinner idea with an Italian twist. Made with fresh lemon, garlic, black pepper, and parmesan, this vegetarian spaghetti is filled with flavors.
- GARLIC PARMESAN BROCCOLI: This Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Broccoli recipe is the best way to serve steamed broccoli at home. Additionally, you can prepare this restaurant-style broccoli in under 15 minutes with only 4 main ingredients. Isn’t this just great?
Do You Put Eggs in the Salmon Salad?
If you want to use eggs in your salmon salad, it’s best to use a lemon dressing in order to balance the heaviness of the dish. So, here is a version of the salmon salad that adds eggs:
In a bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, paprika, lemon juice, and lemon zest. This will be the dressing. To a separate bowl, add salmon pieces (drained canned salmon), boiled eggs, cucumbers, green onions, and dill. You should avoid adding cheese, as this recipe is heavy enough already.
How to Make Greek Salmon Salad in 20 Minutes
Now, I think we are more than prepared to start preparing this Greek salmon salad. You just have to follow the ingredient list and the step-by-step recipe below. Don’t worry: even though it looks so fancy, the steps are quite easy, and the ingredients list is super affordable for how amazing the dish actually looks. So, bear with me!
Being home alone for a whole Saturday, I spoiled myself with this fancy but so easy-to-make salmon salad. So, the ingredient list is for only one serving. However, is super easy to make it for more – just cook a salmon fillet for each person and multiply all the other ingredients.
- 1 salmon fillet (remove the skin if you prefer);
- 1/4 cup olive oil;
- 3/4 cup dried Italian seasoning;
- seeds mix for salad;
- 1/2 avocado (sliced);
- 1 cucumber (sliced);
- 6 cherry tomatoes (cut in half);
- iceberg salad, red lettuce, and carrot mix (I used already made from the closest supermarket);
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (cut into pieces).
Easy Step-by-Step Recipe for Salmon Salad
What I love about this simple recipe is that you just have to follow 3 easy steps and all take less than 30 minutes. Moreover, it looks so fancy and tastes like heaven that you almost can’t believe how easy it actually is to prepare.
- After seasoning the salmon fillet, cook it in a skillet with a little olive oil for about 10 minutes. Don’t forget to cook it on both sides.
- Next, mix together all the cut veggies, avocado, and feta cheese. Add Italian seasoning, the olive oil, and mix everything together.
- Add the cooked salmon fillet and sprinkle the seeds mix on top. Enjoy!
Greek Salmon Salad Video Recipe
The moment of truth came: just watch how simple are all the steps of this 20-minute recipe. Believe it or not, you just cook the salmon, mix everything else in one bowl, then sprinkle some seeds on top of everything. Isn’t that just perfect for any “me moment”?
Eat Your Salad!
Finally, it’s your time to share your experience with this salmon salad recipe and all your thoughts on it. Therefore, tell me everything in the comments section below: What do you think about the Greek salad with salmon fillet recipe and the seasonings I used? Did you experience any problems when cooking the salmon? How did you serve this fresh dish? Additionally, did you go for the main recipe or did you improvise with different ingredients? If you went extra, let us all know how that went!
Last but not least, if you are a salmon salad lover and what some more recipes like this one, try these favorites of mine: