If you love the crispy brussel sprouts from Longhorn steakhouse, then you’ll be surely impressed by my copycat recipe. These Longhorn brussel sprouts are buttery, sweet, and slightly spicy with a crispy outside and tender inside. So, get ready to learn how to prepare this easy 20-minute recipe by watching a video tutorial and following the step-by-step instructions!
The Longhorn menu is famous for the various kinds of steak, but they are also loved for their classic tasty side dishes. One of these is the Longhorn mashed potatoes, and today we will learn how to replicate it with some easy step-by-step instructions.
Longhorn Steakhouse is an American casual dining restaurant chain founded in 1981 by two best friends. Their first location, originally called LongHorn Steaks Restaurant & Saloon, was opened in Atlanta, Georgia. However, in less than 10 years, the franchise expanded, having restaurants located all over the United States and even in Puerto Rico.
How to Make Copycat Longhorn Brussel Sprouts at Home
Preparing a restaurant-style side dish is always tricky, considering you should make it as similar to the original as possible. However, my experience in cooking copycats taught me that following the main ingredients and techniques is more than enough. In addition, I always add my own touch to any copycat recipe. I love the idea of following your personal taste no matter what you cook.
So, this copycat Longhorn crispy brussel sprouts recipe is the case too. I followed their ingredient list as closely as possible (I didn’t have honey on hand, so I used more sugar), also adding some extra personal favorites (garlic and parmesan cheese). However, I followed the exact steps and instructions when it came to the steps. The result was incredible!
Ingredient List for Crispy Brussel Sprouts
Here is the ingredient list for my Longhorn copycat recipe. Keep in mind that these are the amounts of the ingredients for only 2 servings. So, if you want to make enough for the whole family, just double or triple the quantity.
- 1 pound raw brussels sprouts;
- 1 tablespoon Calabrian Chili Rub;
- 1 tablespoon sugar;
- 1/4 cup butter;
- salt and pepper (to taste);
- sunflower oil (for frying);
- extra* garlic if preferred (it’s not in the steakhouse recipe);
- extra* parmesan cheese if preferred (it’s not in the steakhouse recipe).
Longhorn Crispy Brussel Sprouts Step-by-Step Recipe
Now it’s time to learn exactly the steps and techniques that the Longhorn Steakhouse team use to prepare these crispy, sweet, and spicy brussel sprouts. Don’t you worry a second more! This copycat recipe is almost as easy to prepare as it is to eat in no time! However, don’t believe me, just try it preparing it yourself and tell me how it was in the comment section below.
Brussel sprouts are dense and fibrous. So, they need to be tendered before frying them. You can do that by either blanching them or roasting them at a high temperature for several minutes. Whatever way you choose, it is important to break down the fiber.
- First of all, prepare the brussel sprouts for cooking. Wash it, trim the edges, and get rid of the yellow leaves.
- Next, bring a saucepan of water to a boil and blanch the sprouts for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and drain the excess water.
- Flash fry the brussel sprouts and drain excess grease.
- Mix together the chili rub, salt, pepper, sugar, and butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Pour over the fried crispy brussel sprouts and stir until they are all covered in the spicy sauce.
- Optional step: If you want a garlic kick to your copycat Longhorn crispy brussel sprouts, when you mix all the sauce ingredients, add some minced garlic.
- Optional step: Finally, if you want cheesy brussel sprouts with some extra flavor, add some grated parmesan cheese on top of everything. I promise it’s even better than the original!
Longhorn Steakhouse Crispy Brussel Sprout Video Recipe
Now, loves, after reading the recipe, I think you are prepared to see how easy it is actually to prepare. Watch this video tutorial about making the Longhorn crispy brussel sprouts, and tell me in the comment section below if you prefer watching or reading a recipe.
Enjoy Your Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Dinner!
Well, now we certainly know everything there is to know about the copycat Longhorn crispy brussel sprouts recipe. Wasn’t it much easier to prepare it than you initially thought? I don’t want to be too excited about it, but for me was surprisingly easy. When I first tasted the Longhorn brussel sprouts, I wouldn’t have believed it takes only 20 minutes to prepare such a tasty side dish.
Finally, as you surely already noticed, this is an incredibly versatile recipe and is also easy to double or triple for larger groups. In addition, please keep in mind that these crispy and sweet brussel sprouts will be kept very well in the refrigerator, covered tightly, for three to five days, not that you are likely to have them around for that long. This is such a delicious buttery side dish I can guarantee that it will disappear very quickly!
Last but not least, I will be super excited to find out what your opinion is on this recipe. Did you enjoy preparing it? What did your family think about it? Did you find it as delicious as I did? Also, if you have improved it, please let me know. Tell me everything in the comment section below.
In addition, if you are a Longhorn Steakhouse fan, here are two more copycat recipes that I made: