Learn how to prepare this fancy shrimp pasta recipe with easy instructions and affordable ingredients. The creamy shrimp pasta with garlic and tomatoes will impress any fancy guest and is also an incredible idea to cook for a romantic dinner at home. Also, the video recipe will guide you every step of the way and help you to rock this restaurant-like elegant dish!
If you cook the cream sauce while the pasta is on the stove, you can be done with the entire dish in under 30 minutes. It’s so quick and simple to prepare and has a short list of ingredients, that it’s hard to believe they really taste like restaurant quality. This homemade garlic creamy shrimp pasta it’s the best way to enjoy your favorite restaurant dish, as you’ll pay far less and you can adapt it however you prefer!
Why We Love Shrimps?
Firstly, my family and I often consume shrimp as they are known to be quite good for your health, not only tasty. Shrimp has an impressive nutrition profile. It’s pretty low in calories, providing only 84 calories in a 3-ounce serving, and provides more than 9 different vitamins and minerals. Also, shrimp is one of the best food sources of iodine, an important mineral that many people are deficient in. Iodine is required for proper thyroid function and brain health. This popular seafood is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Moreover, eating shrimp is a way to feel fancy about yourself – at least that’s the feeling for me and my hon. We are always spoiling ourselves for our anniversary with some elegant shrimp pasta or shrimp tomato martini. However, as we became older (and wiser) we learned that cooking shrimp is always more rewarding than eating it out. The restaurant’s prices are just outrageous and the difference is not so noticeable, anyway.
How to Make Creamy Buttery Shrimp Pasta with Garlic
This weekend I decided to cook shrimp pasta only to impress my hubby and also to remember him that in one month is our anniversary (to be honest). Preparing our favorite dish for a quiet and relaxing Sunday evening sounds perfect considering these last few weeks were truly exhausting for both of us (working late, kids being kids, rescuing a baby cat and taking care of the little one, and so on) on).
Speaking of which, meet Yoda, everyone!
What You Need to Make Creamy Shrimp Pasta
The key to making delicious and creamy shrimp pasta is to use fresh ingredients (garlic, basil, parsley, and cherry tomatoes) and to add flavors using the proper seasoning (Italian spices mix). Choosing some juicy, big enough shrimp for your pasta is also essential.
When purchasing raw shrimp, make sure they’re firm. The shells should be translucent and grayish-green, pinkish-tan, or light pink in color. Blackened edges or black spots on the shells can mean a loss in quality. Also, remember that shrimps tend to become smaller while being cooked, so when buying frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimps, pick the biggest ones.
All in all, here is the ingredient list you need to follow in order to prepare creamy buttery shrimp pasta:
- 500 g (one package) spaghetti or linguine;
- 1 pound raw shrimp (frozen, peeled, and deveined);
- 2 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper;
- 1 tablespoon dried Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning mix;
- 2 tablespoon butter;
- 4 garlic cloves (minced);
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in 4);
- 1 cup heavy cream;
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated);
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley and basil (for final plating).
Step-by-Step Recipe for Shrimp Pasta with Garlic and Tomatoes
Now it’s time to learn exactly the steps and techniques to make fancy shrimp spaghetti in your own kitchen. Breathe, loves! This is one of the easiest recipes I know… You just toss every ingredient in a saucepan, cook them for several minutes, prepare spaghetti, and stir everything together. However, don’t believe me, just try it preparing it yourself and tell me how it was in the comment section below.
- In a saucepan, boil water and salt it. Add your pasta, and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. When the pasta is cooked, you can reserve 1 cup of the pasta water (in case you need to add to the shrimp and cream sauce). Drain the pasta.
- In a big skillet over medium heat, melt the 1/2 quantity of butter, and add the olive oil.
- Then, cook the shrimp till pink, and season with salt and pepper. Remove them onto a plate and set aside.
- Remove the shrimp onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the other half of the butter and add cherry tomatoes and garlic. Cook them until the tomato slices are fragrant.
- Next, add the heavy cream and parmesan, and stir with a spatula.
- Then, just toss the cooked shrimp and the Italian seasoning mix and stir everything together.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked spaghetti. Also, toss the pasta with the sauce until it’s well-coated.
- Finally, decorate with fresh parsley and basil and serve.
Easy Video Recipe
Well, well, well… if it isn’t our favorite part of this whole article – the video recipe for creamy garlic shrimp spaghetti! Even though I strongly recommend reading the step-by-step recipe before start preparing your own pasta, this video tutorial may be just enough help. Considering how easy is to actually prepare this recipe, you must probably rock it by only watching the video instructions.
Enjoy Your Fancy Pasta!
Finally, here is the fancy shrimp pasta with creamy sauce and cherry tomatoes that will impress any foodie guest of yours! I really hope you’ll find it as yummy, flavored, and easy to make as I consider it.
In addition, I really wanted to let you know that I’m here for all your further questions about the shrimp spaghetti recipe, the kitchen in general, and everything else I can help with. Please let me know your curiosities and dilemmas in the comment section below. I always make time to take a look at that section and answer all my beloved readers’ questions.
Last but not least, here are more shrimp recipes that you can prepare for an elegant dinner table with your loved ones: