With the easiest steps and ingredient list, learn how to prepare this tasty and popular buffalo cauliflower recipe. You just need to prepare the sweet and spicy sauce, bake the cauliflower bites, brush them with sauce, and bake a little more. The oven makes the most of the work, to be honest.
What to Serve with Buffalo Cauliflower
The most simple way to serve these healthy buffalo cauliflower bites is like you do with the crispy chicken wings: alongside some carrot and celery sticks, blue cheese and parmesan pieces, homemade ranch dressing, or healthy ranch dip.
However, here are some more interesting recipes of dips and sauces you can pair your buffalo cauliflower with:
- Honey Goat Cheese Spread: All you need is tangy chevre, rich cream cheese, and sweet raw honey. Also, whether you have a stand mixer, hand mixer, or food processor, you can easily make this honey chevre recipe in just a couple of minutes. Basically, you just need to combine the honey and cheeses until they are smooth and whip in some air to get that light, fluffy texture.
- Mexican Sour Cream Dip: You only need sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, and a few spices. Moreover, if you don’t have at your disposal these exact ingredients, you can easily change them with similar ones. This Mexican dip is flavored and a little spicy. Also, the creaminess from the cheese will pair super nicely with the cauliflower bites.
- Fresh Dill Dip: One of the easiest yet most efficient ways to make your kids eat their veggies. It’s made right in the blender — That’s how easy it is! The hardest part of making it is letting it sit in the fridge for a few hours while you wait for all the flavors to marry one another. This dip has a simple flavor base and a creamy combination that makes it delicious. served with buffalo cauliflower.
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower at Home
You must certainly already know this recipe from Instagram or Tik Tok, as it was a really tasty trend some time ago. This means two things: it really looks good and it is super easy to make. Well, yep, that’s surely the case here! Not to mention the tenderness and flavors of the basic cauliflower.
This is one creative way to convince your little ones to eat their veggies. I will surely try to adapt this recipe to broccoli, too. I suppose that the steps and ingredient list are the same but change the vegetable. However, let’s stop thinking about the future and focus on the present. Here are the ingredients and instructions you’ll need in order to rock this buffalo cauliflower recipe.
I kind of regret every previous time when I said that “this recipe uses simple and more than affordable ingredients”. That’s because this one is clearly a much simpler one. However, the simplicity of the ingredient list and the ease of the instructions don’t really explain why the result is so tasty. You’ll see what I’m talking about when you taste them… the tenderness of the cauliflower, the crispiness of the crust, and the flavors pair just perfectly together.
- 1 head cauliflower;
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour;
- ¾ cup milk or milk alternative (for dairy-free recipe);
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce or hot sauce;
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or coconut oil);
- 1 tablespoon honey;
- 1 teaspoon paprika;
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder;
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- ½ teaspoon black pepper.
Easy Step-by-Step Recipe
Now that we know what we need, it’s time to get to work! One first piece of advice I have for you, my loves, is to thoroughly read the steps one time before starting. This is one great suggestion my father once gave me. Patience and research are key in cooking, too. Even though we like to be creative while preparing these fun recipes, it’s always helpful to be prepared for everything beforehand.
Good! Now that everything is set let’s rock this spicy buffalo cauliflower recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F (230˚C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir until well combined.
- Next, break the head of cauliflower into florets, about 1½-inches wide.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Then, arrange the coated cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, don’t forget to flip them to the other side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, oil, and honey and stir until evenly combined.
- Finally, brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower and bake for another 20 minutes.
Video Recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower
Last but not least, here is the video recipe I suppose you most expected! Even though you’ll see for yourself how easy is to prepare everything, this video tutorial for buffalo cauliflower is the extra help that will make everything even easier.
Enjoy Your Cool and Healthy Snack!
Finally, there you have it: a delicious healthy appetizer for all your gatherings with your loved ones! What do you think about it? Did your kids enjoy it? Also, how did you serve the buffalo cauliflower bites? Tell me everything in the comment section below.
In addition, don’t forget that your input on everything I write about is extremely valuable. It really helps me know what you think about my recipes and advice and how you would improve everything. So, keep on asking your questions in the comments section below. I will make sure to respond as soon as possible! Furthermore, feel free to share your experience with this crispy buffalo cauliflower and all your advice on the recipe. I am always super excited to hear from my beloved readers and to consider all your advice!
Lastly, here are some more vegetable recipes to give to your little ones. I know it’s hard to make them eat their veggies, so I always try to also consider kids’ tastes when preparing and writing recipes.