Thank you to Foster Farms® Organic Chicken for sponsoring today’s easy chicken salad recipe. I was compensated for my time, but the content and opinions are my own.
Don’t you love chicken salad? It’s the perfect way to put leftover chicken to good use. You can use it for sandwiches, lettuce wraps, or even as a pasta salad base. The only thing I don’t like is that it’s often heavy with mayonnaise, so it isn’t the healthiest choice. That’s why today I’m showing you how to make a quick and easy chicken salad with a Greek yogurt base instead!
The yogurt adds a tangy flavor, lots of protein, and won’t weigh you down like mayo. What’s even better is that this entire recipe can be made organic thanks to Foster Farms® Organic Chicken and other ingredients you can find at your local store. Did you know that Foster Farms® has an organic fresh chicken line now? It’s grown locally right here in Northern California, and it’s Non-GMO Project Verified, which makes me feel good about serving it to my family. I also like that I don’t have to go out of my way to find organic chicken since it’s available right at my little neighborhood Safeway!
This recipe is super easy to make, but one important note is to be sure you seed the cucumber and leave most of the tomato seeds and juice behind. The flavor is best if it sits in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving, and if you add all those seeds, it will get too watered down.
If you’d like a richer flavor, this easy chicken salad tastes really great with a bit of reduced-fat feta cheese stirred in. I have to say that I think cheese makes most everything better. (Except apple pie. That’s just wrong.) It can be hard to find organic feta cheese though, so it’s totally optional if you want to skip it.
To find out more about Foster Farms Organic Chicken and for money-saving coupons, visit them here.Print
- 2 Foster Farms® Organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 cup quartered organic grape tomatoes
- 1/2 organic English cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced organic kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon organic Italian seasoning blend
- organic romaine lettuce leaves OR organic tortillas
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook chicken on a hot grill or skillet for about 10 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While chicken cools, in a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and Italian seasoning. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- With two forks, shred the cooked chicken. Use a large chef’s knife to roughly chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Stir the chicken into the yogurt mixture.
- Give your chicken salad a taste, and add salt and pepper if needed. Spoon salad down the center of sturdy lettuce leaves, or spread on a tortilla and roll into a wrap. An easy lunch is served!
- Prep Time: 10
- Passive Time: 60
- Cook Time: 20
Thank you again to Foster Farms for sponsoring today’s recipe.