This week I’m bringing you a different kind of easy weekly meal plan. Instead of new recipes, allow me to introduce you to seven of my favorite recipes that haven’t gotten enough love. These dinners are GOOD, y’all! They have all been on past menus but need to be in the spotlight again.
As I mentioned on my Facebook page earlier this week, I haven’t had much time to write with both boys home until school starts, but I’ll make it up to you in two weeks with a dinner menu full of all new recipes! Please bear with me and enjoy this collection of some of my favorites until then!
- Turkey Ranch Club Salad – I’m starting strong here: Bacon, avocado, Ranch dressing. What more can I say about this dinner salad to make you fall in love?
- Easy Tuna Casserole from Scratch – If you aren’t already, you will become a fan of tuna casserole after you try this wholesome, easy one-dish dinner.
- Cheesy Baked Shrimp and Grits with Simple Southern Lima Beans – Who knew that shrimp, grits, and cheese went so well together? Actually, I think everyone else but me already knew that, but better late than never. Give this recipe a try for an easy take on these Southern classics!
- Cheeseburger Pockets – These little cheeseburger treasure chests are good, easy, and kid pleasers. PLUS, I have a really goofy video tutorial you don’t want to miss! I blame the ugly plate for these not being more popular. Don’t punish a perfectly good recipe for my lack of taste in plate colors. Serve with fries and fresh fruit.
- Skillet Chicken Marsala – Why trouble with yourself with a knife when you can just twirl and slurp your chicken marsala instead? Do mind your manners and try to keep the noises down though. Serve with a simple side salad.
- Avocado Salsa Chicken – I love this chicken and the photo. Serve with black beans and rice.Foodgawker doesn’t particularly agree since they’ve rejected this photo more than once, but what do those guys know? (I’m kidding, Foodgawker! Don’t punish me!)
- Salmon and Vegetables over Rice – I’m closing out with one of our favorite recipes, and one of the first I shared here at The Weary Chef. This has been a staple in our house for years, and I hope you will try it too. A friend recently made the recipe and loved it, so you don’t just have to take my word for it!
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits!
Follow me on:
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Bloglovin!
You can subscribe to posts by email too!
I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with you!
you have made me very hungry! Sipping my “gray and foggy” as I write and am suddenly craving a Turkey Ranch Club Salad. I hope you are saving all of your recipes for a cookbook some day. Thinking I’ve already offered, but will remind you again to please “hire” me as editor. (I work for cocktail recipes and an open invite to dinner whenever I find myself in your neck of the woods. ;-) )
You’re almost there with the boys in school. Whatever will you do with all of your free time? (haha, hate it when folks ask that question as there is never any free time no matter who you are or what your life circumstances. There’s just always stuff to do!) Congrats on another week down.
The Weary Chef says
Thanks, Liz. So glad you liked the drink! I definitely have a cookbook in mind for the future, but I don’t know when I’ll get around to putting that together. I’m sure I could pay you more than a recipe if you would be my editor :)
This week is going to be a long one, but we’re in the home stretch!