Favorite Chicken Cobb Salad ~ Crunchy veggies topped with blue cheese crumbles and your favorite dressing. You’ll actually look forward to having salad for dinner!
Hello everyone! Cyndi here from My Kitchen Craze. Today I’m sharing one of my all-time favorite salads. But first I need to ask you all a question: Are you a salad lover or hater?
I feel like you’re either one or the other. I know some people (my 9-year daughter included) love salad so much they could eat it every day, but then there are some who think eating salad is a chore.
If I’m being honest with you, I usually only eat salads when we eat out. I don’t normally make salads at home that often, but since my husband and daughter love them, I do have a few recipes that I always make. This Cobb Salad recipe is one of them. I love that it’s loaded with all sorts of veggies, hard boiled eggs, and you can’t forget the bacon.
Yum…. Bacon!! I could put bacon on everything and love it. Couldn’t everyone though?
Whenever I make this salad I of course always top it with my Homemade Ranch dressing. Cobb Salad + Ranch go hand in hand, don’t you think?
Sometimes I top this salad with feta cheese crumbles instead of blue cheese. I’m not a fan of blue cheese, but my husband loves it, so I switch it up from time to time. The nice thing about a salad like this one is easy to make individual salads for everyone customized to their tastes!
Whether you’re looking for a side recipe or a main dish, this Cobb Salad needs to be made! I like to add diced chicken to make it a main meal, but you could leave it out for a hearty side dish. Trust me when I say everyone in your family will love it. Make sure to make the ranch dressing to go with it! Enjoy!Print
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 5 slices bacon cooked and cut into pieces
- 20 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 2 hardboiled eggs chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat chopped (optional)
- 1–2 avocados chopped
- 3/4 cup feta or blue cheese crumbled
- Ranch dressing (or your favorite dressing!)
- To make the salad, you can toss together all ingredients except the avocado, feta or blue cheese, and dressing. Then top individual servings with cheese crumbles, avocado.
- For a fancier presentation, you can place the chopped lettuce in individual bowls and then arrange the ingredients evenly in each salad bowl as shown in the photos.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
You’ll also love these filling dinner salad recipes!