This easy, hearty Chili Cornbread Pot Pie uses kitchen staples and is a dinner the whole family will love!
This Chili Cornbread Pot Pie was born out of necessity, but it turned out to be a real treat. I made it after a long day of taking my boys plus two other kids to a busy pumpkin patch, lunch, and a playground. We were out from morning until late afternoon, and by the time we got home the boys were filthy and tired. I bathed them and got them in PJs, then let them relax with a movie until dinner time. That plan sounds pretty great except, somewhere between the car and the bathtub, I realized that I had forgotten to pick up groceries for dinner. Not willing to drag us all shopping at that point, I decided to scavenge through our kitchen and come up with something. As it turns out, that something was meaty, cheesy, bready, and wonderful. If I had everything I needed on hand to make this dish, you might too! Even if you don’t, this Chili Cornbread Pot Pie is worth a trip to the grocery store!
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016
- Weekly Wrap Up and Meal Plan #171: Meatballs, Flatbread, and More! - May 1, 2016
- Organic Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread - April 30, 2016
- Strawberry Cheesecake RITZ Sandwich Snacks - April 27, 2016
- Skillet Pork Hash Recipe - April 25, 2016