Do you love bottled salad dressing for recipe shortcuts as much as I do? With a bottle of dressing and a few other ingredients, dinner is as good as done! I love marinating chicken with Italian dressing, and you know I love Ranch on just about everything. I am especially a fan of Newman’s Own salad dressings because they taste great, use wholesome ingredients, and all their profits go to charity! (Yes, ALL!)
Newman’s Own comes in a whole bunch of flavors, so there is really a favorite for every taste and every recipe. A few of their most popular varieties are Ranch (of course), Family Recipe Italian (perfect on everything), Balsamic (a classic), Oil and Vinegar (my kids’ favorite), and the luscious Creamy Caesar that I used in this pasta salad.
I’m normally partial to light dressings because I like to reduce my fat intake (and guilt) when possible, but this salad is an exception. I decided to just go for it with regular dressing, bacon, and eggs for a creamy, decadent Caesar pasta salad. You should go for it too, or you can look for their Light Caesar Dressing and leave out the egg yolks if you need to lighten up the recipe a bit.
What I love about using high quality Newman’s Own dressings when I cook is that they add great flavor but cut down on the number of ingredients I need. You know I’m all about quick and easy, so if I can add salad dressing instead of a long list of seasonings, I’m all for it! Drizzling your favorite dressing on salad greens is also a no-brainer side dish. There’s a flavor to pair perfectly with any meal.Print
- 8 ounces bite-sized pasta cooked and rinsed with cold water
- 2 eggs boiled and chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- seasoned salt
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 2 handfuls grape tomatoes halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1/2 cup Newman’s Own Creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt. Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 7-8 minutes per side or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Allow to cool slightly before dicing into bite-sized pieces.
- While the chicken cooks, chop your green onions and tomatoes. (I also cook my bacon in the microwave during this step, but cook yours however you like.) Whisk together dressing and yogurt in a large serving bowl.
- Gently stir all other ingredients into the salad dressing mixture until well coated. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
The key to getting this recipe done in 30 minutes is doing things simultaneously. Start heating the water for the pasta and eggs first, and cover the pots so it will boil faster. Cook the chicken and bacon while the pasta cooks, and do your chopping while everything is cooking. It will be a busy 20-30 minutes in the kitchen, but it will be worth it when you taste the first bite of creamy salad!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
Want to see some of my best pasta salad recipes? Here you go!