Today I’m bringing you a simple, cheesy Caprese Quinoa Casserole Recipe loaded with turkey, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. You are going to love this healthy and easy dinner!
Last week I made one of our old favorites, salmon with bok choy over rice, except I didn’t have any rice. That’s one of those things I think we always have and forget to buy at the store. After panicking for a moment, I realized that we had quinoa, which was a perfectly good substitute. I love how it’s a whole grain like brown rice but only takes 20 minutes to cook!
Quinoa seems to go a long way because I made one cup dry like I usually do with rice, and we had a lot leftover. I
dug through the freezer brainstormed for ideas of what I could make with two cups of leftover quinoa, and this tasty Caprese casserole was the result. This would be a great make-ahead or freezer meal if you just add the topping ingredients before baking. We loved it for dinner and for lunch the next day too. I think this easy quinoa casserole recipe will be a hit at your house too!
I think you’ll also love these recipes…
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016