If you are a pasta lover like all of my family, this fried ravioli recipe will become such a game changer, believe me! We all adore ravioli as they are nice pasta filled with moist and flavored cheese. So, imagine the plus added by making them crispy and adding even more parmesan to the final taste. That just can’t get any tastier!
Not to mention that toasted ravioli is much easier to prepare than it seems. This tasty, cheese dish starts with cheese ravioli that are dredged in seasoned breadcrumbs and grated parmesan. Once perfectly coated, they are then fried until golden brown to make the perfect crispy appetizer.
Air Fryer, Pan-Fried, Or Oven-Baked Ravioli
Even though I prefer frying this ravioli in oil, you should know that this great make-ahead appetizer can be fried in oil, baked in the oven, or air-dried.
- If you prefer frying your ravioli, place a large pot on the stove and pour enough oil in to go up the sides approximately 3 inches. Add enough ravioli to the pot so it’s not crowded. Fry them until they’re golden brown (about 3 minutes).
- If you prefer a healthier way to make ravioli snacks, try baking them in your oven. Just coat them with cooking spray, then bake at 400F for about 15 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and hot.
- To cook the ravioli in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 350F. Prepare as directed then place the breaded ravioli in a single layer in the basket. Cook them for about 9 minutes or until they’re golden brown and crispy.
What Dips Go Well with Ravioli Snack?
When it comes to dips and sauces for pairing this recipe with, it really is your call! In my opinion, the fried ravioli chips go well with any favorite dip. However, I use any dip with potato chips or nachos either, so I’m not the best person to advise you on the matter.
Here are some basic dips and sauces ideas that are considered to be best for pasta chips:
- Classic Marinara sauce;
- Tomato sauce with hot pepper and onion;
- Ranch dressing;
- Garlic dip;
- Classic mayo;
- Sweet Chili sauce;
- Whipped feta dip;
- Cheddar cheese sauce.
Easy Step-by-Step Recipe of Fried Ravioli
This is one of my favorite weekend recipes, as me and my hubby love to watch a good classic comedy movie every Sunday afternoon with the kids. This become one of the many “boring mom and dad traditions” (that’s how the little ones name them) that became more interesting with the addition of a fun dish. Fried ravioli is such a loved snack in my family that they can even let me choose the comedy.
So, here are the simple and more than affordable ingredient list, the easy instructions, and an extra video recipe.
What You Need to Fry Ravioli
Here is the ingredient list:
- 10 ounces of refrigerated cheese ravioli;
- 1 big egg (lightly beaten);
- 1/3 cup milk;
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs;
- oil (for frying);
- 1/4 teaspoon salt;
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper;
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated);
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley (freshly chopped);
- your favorite sauce for serving.
How to Make Crispy Fried Ravioli
Now, that you found out what ingredients you need in order to rock this cheesy fried ravioli snack, it’s time actually to start preparing it. It may seem a little complicated at first, so I recommend reading it first. It’s a lot easier to be able to predict the next step while cooking something.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat and cook ravioli for 2 minutes.
- Then, just place cooked ravioli on paper towels to drain. Set them aside.
- Place the eggs and milk in a small bowl, and whisk together with salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Place the breadcrumbs and the grated parmesan cheese in a bigger bowl and mix.
- Dip ravioli in egg mixture then dredge in breadcrumbs mixture.
- Fry ravioli, in batches, 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep in mind not to put too much ravioli in oil. You don’t want them to stick.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ravioli.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, and serve with your favorite sauce or dip.
Easy Video Recipe
This is really one recipe that just requires a video recipe. The steps are so easy to follow that you probably won’t need the printable recipe, after all. Just watch the video and see what I am talking about.
Lastly, as you surely already noticed, this is an incredibly versatile recipe and is also easy to double or triple for larger groups. In addition, please keep in mind that these crispy fried ravioli will be kept very well in the refrigerator, covered tightly, for up to three days, not that you are likely to have it around for that long. This is such a deliciously flavorful dish that I can guarantee it will disappear very quickly!
Enjoy Your Crispy, Cheesy Pasta Chips!
Finally, it’s time for you to share your experience with this recipe and all your thoughts on it. So, tell me everything in the comments section: What do you think about the fried ravioli recipe? Did you experience any problems when frying them? Did your loved ones enjoy this healthy snack? Additionally, did you go for the main recipe, or did you improvise? If you went extra, let us all know how that went!
Also, do not hesitate to ask any further questions about the crispy fried ravioli recipe in the comments. I will make sure to answer as soon as possible. Last but not least, here are some dip ideas that I love pairing with the crispy fried ravioli snack: