I would take a quiet dinner at home with my husband and these Margarita Chicken Tacos over a night out on the town any day!
Do you watch much TV? I really don’t. I haven’t watched normal television in years. I would much rather play a video game or work on my laptop than passively sit and watch a show. Even when I’m sitting and relaxing, I still want to be doing something. We rarely watch movies because I don’t have the attention span for that. Sitting still and quiet for two hours is practically torture.
We don’t have cable but sometimes watch streaming Netflix, usually a standup comic or some nerdy show or documentary. For example, right now we’ve been watching an episode of Star Trek Voyager every night or so. Yes, the one from the 90s. (We watched the full series of The Next Generation when I was pregnant the first time. I was so sad for that one to be over!) Since I am watching 20-year-old television, you can imagine how on top of pop culture I must be. I seriously know who NO ONE famous is. (Did I mention that I never listen to pop music either??) Ask me about a current celebrity, and expect a blank stare.
Sometimes I think I should get out of this bubble I’m living in, but it’s just so cozy in here. There is nothing I’d rather do than watch commercial-free, classic sci-fi and eat dinner with my husband. Those are the nights when I feel like life couldn’t get any better, especially when the dinner involves Mexican food like these Margarita Chicken Tacos. Did you see yesterday that I made homemade corn tortillas? They went so well with this flavorful chicken, and we topped them with cucumber salsa. Add in some Captain Janeway, and it doesn’t get any better than that!
You know what else goes great with these tacos? These recipes!
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016
- 7 Ways to Make Recipes Healthier - June 7, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #176 - June 3, 2016