I would take a quiet dinner at home with my husband and these Margarita Chicken Tacos over a night out on the town any day!
Do you watch much TV? I really don’t. I haven’t watched normal television in years. I would much rather play a video game or work on my laptop than passively sit and watch a show. Even when I’m sitting and relaxing, I still want to be doing something. We rarely watch movies because I don’t have the attention span for that. Sitting still and quiet for two hours is practically torture.
We don’t have cable but sometimes watch streaming Netflix, usually a standup comic or some nerdy show or documentary. For example, right now we’ve been watching an episode of Star Trek Voyager every night or so. Yes, the one from the 90s. (We watched the full series of The Next Generation when I was pregnant the first time. I was so sad for that one to be over!) Since I am watching 20-year-old television, you can imagine how on top of pop culture I must be. I seriously know who NO ONE famous is. (Did I mention that I never listen to pop music either??) Ask me about a current celebrity, and expect a blank stare.
Sometimes I think I should get out of this bubble I’m living in, but it’s just so cozy in here. There is nothing I’d rather do than watch commercial-free, classic sci-fi and eat dinner with my husband. Those are the nights when I feel like life couldn’t get any better, especially when the dinner involves Mexican food like these Margarita Chicken Tacos. Did you see yesterday that I made homemade corn tortillas? They went so well with this flavorful chicken, and we topped them with cucumber salsa. Add in some Captain Janeway, and it doesn’t get any better than that!
You know what else goes great with these tacos? These recipes!
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #188: Working Out Some Kinks - August 27, 2016
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016