I would take a quiet dinner at home with my husband and these Margarita Chicken Tacos over a night out on the town any day!
Do you watch much TV? I really don’t. I haven’t watched normal television in years. I would much rather play a video game or work on my laptop than passively sit and watch a show. Even when I’m sitting and relaxing, I still want to be doing something. We rarely watch movies because I don’t have the attention span for that. Sitting still and quiet for two hours is practically torture.
We don’t have cable but sometimes watch streaming Netflix, usually a standup comic or some nerdy show or documentary. For example, right now we’ve been watching an episode of Star Trek Voyager every night or so. Yes, the one from the 90s. (We watched the full series of The Next Generation when I was pregnant the first time. I was so sad for that one to be over!) Since I am watching 20-year-old television, you can imagine how on top of pop culture I must be. I seriously know who NO ONE famous is. (Did I mention that I never listen to pop music either??) Ask me about a current celebrity, and expect a blank stare.
Sometimes I think I should get out of this bubble I’m living in, but it’s just so cozy in here. There is nothing I’d rather do than watch commercial-free, classic sci-fi and eat dinner with my husband. Those are the nights when I feel like life couldn’t get any better, especially when the dinner involves Mexican food like these Margarita Chicken Tacos. Did you see yesterday that I made homemade corn tortillas? They went so well with this flavorful chicken, and we topped them with cucumber salsa. Add in some Captain Janeway, and it doesn’t get any better than that!
You know what else goes great with these tacos? These recipes!
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 19, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016