These incredibly moist lemon zucchini muffins are coated with an easy lemon glaze to satisfy your morning sweet tooth the healthy way!
Remember last month when I was the Mystery Dish guest blogger and made that cilantro lime hummus? Well, I somehow tricked that fine group of ladies into inviting me to stay on as a regular! My life is pretty predictable, so I could use some mystery in my life! This month is hosted by Chez CateyLou, and she put together a fun list of ingredients to choose from:
- peanut butter chips
- whole wheat pastry flour
We were required to use at least two ingredients, but I wanted to challenge myself and use more. These lemon zucchini muffins include zucchini and lemon (obviously) plus buttermilk. They also include whole wheat flour, but I didn’t see the pastry flour part when I first read the list. Can I get partial credit for that one? These muffins are unbelievably moist. The dough looked a bit dry before baking, but they were definitely not lacking in the moisture department. I can’t wait to make these all summer with the plentiful zucchini available! I probably won’t glaze them every time, but that was a treat that made them almost like a cupcake. Even with the sugary lemon glaze, these muffins were still a much healthier (and dare I say tastier?) breakfast option than a doughnut!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s see what creative recipes everyone else came up with!
1. Raspberry Lemon Sweet Roll Cake with Buttermilk Glaze – Baking a Moment 2. Twice Baked Zucchini Boat – Chelsea’s Messy Apron 3. Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Raspberry Mint Compote – Blahnik Baker 4. Lemon-Raspberry Bundt Cake – I Dig Pinterest 5. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – The Dessert Chronicles 6. Mini Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – I Want Crazy 7. Zucchini Noodles with Meat Mushroom Tomato Sauce – Joyful Healthy Eats 8. Baked Wonton Cups Filled with Edamame Corn Salad – The Well Floured Kitchen 9. Easy 30 Minute Orange Rolls – Yummy Healthy Easy 10. BBQ Chicken Salad with Jalapeño Basil Ranch Dressing – The Pajama Chef 11. Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Culinary Couture 12. Zucchini Muffins with Lemon Glaze – The Weary Chef 13. Lemon Bundt Cake – Chez CateyLou
You might also like these tasty muffins…
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016
- Oven Taquitos with Sriracha Salmon - July 26, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016