Try something different with this hearty, delicious Chicken Salad with Wild Rice!
I have been wanting to branch out with salad recipes lately, and this Chicken Salad does just that. Using a rice mix with seasoning adds a lot of flavor, so you only need a wee bit of dressing to hold it all together. This is one of the rotisserie chicken recipes I mentioned in my list of 5 Tips to Save Money on Meat and there was still plenty of chicken left to make Lemon Chicken Soup the next night. This chicken salad is an out-of-the-ordinary dinner that I hope your family will love! Inspired by White and Wild Rice Chicken Salad at FamilyCircle.com.Print
- 1 box long grain and wild rice mix with seasoning packet (like Rice-a-Roni)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 apple diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado flesh removed and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup prepared poppy seed dressing
- 12 ounces salad greens (I used a blend of baby spinach and romaine.)
- Cook rice according to package directions, and allow to cool. (You could do this the day before and cool it in the refrigerator until you are ready to make your salad.)
- Gently toss all ingredients together and serve. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Salad
You will also like these hearty salad recipes…