This fresh, easy, and filling Tortellini Pasta Salad with Caprese flavors makes a quick vegetarian dinner or side dish!
This quick pasta salad was born for weeknight dinners or potlucks. You can enjoy this dish slightly warm or at room temperature. The pasta texture is best when served fresh instead of after it has been refrigerated.
You only need a few ingredients to make this guest-worthy caprese salad. I chose fresh mozzarella balls because it’s so easy to just toss them in the salad. If you’d prefer, you can get an 8-ounce ball of mozzarella and cut it into bite-sized cubes.
This warm pasta salad has enough protein from the pasta and cheese to serve as a vegetarian main dish. You could serve it on a bed of baby spinach or with some steamed asparagus on the side for a beautiful and healthy meal.
Pair your tortellini pasta salad with a crisp white wine or a sparkling Italian soda. Enjoy!
Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad
This tortellini salad can be a vegetarian entree or simple side dish.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 18 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- handful fresh basil leaves sliced thin
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (bite-sized balls or cubed)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain. Rinse pasta gently with cool water until it’s still warm but not steaming hot.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add cooked pasta, basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella to the bowl containing the dressing. Gently stir to evenly coat and combine the pasta salad. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
Jed Levin says
I’m definitely making that tortellini salad tomorrow. My vegetarian son will love it! Looks great, and we have most of the ingredients on hand.
Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We’love ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Excellent. I am also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.