This easy chicken taco dip has all the goodness of tacos in a fun dip. Make your family happy with this dinner that feels like a party!
Boy howdy, I love dips. Usually they are reserved for parties, which is a real shame because dips are so tasty and fun. This layered chicken taco dip could be served as party fare, but we ate it for dinner. That’s right. What’s the difference between crunchy tacos and chips and dip? Nothing, except one is even more fun than the other. I was going to call this a 6-layer dip, but I didn’t want to restrict your imaginations to only six layers. Maybe you don’t like jalapeños, or maybe you want to add shredded cheese and sliced black olives. Guacamole would be great too if you are going to eat it right away and don’t have to worry about the avocado browning. I encourage you to add or subtract layers to make your dream dip. Now, gather your family around the table, scoop, and smile. There’s a new taco night in town!
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and fajita seasoning together into a paste. Add chicken breasts, and toss to coat. Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 20 minutes OR cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until brown and cooked through.
- Dice chicken into small bite-sized pieces (about ½” cubes), and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together refried beans with green salsa until well combined. (This adds flavor and makes the beans less stiff, but you could leave this step out.) Spread the bean mixture evenly over the bottom of a 13 x 9″ pan.
- Place the diced chicken evenly over the bean layer.
- Next, spread the drained salsa over the chicken.
- Carefully spread the sour cream over the salsa.
- Sprinkle the cabbage over the sour cream.
- Arrange the jalapeños over the cabbage layer. Dip and enjoy!
- Prep Time:10
- Cook Time:20
Why not serve it with Fresh Margaritas?