- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 lbs vine ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat well drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chives for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, melt butter on medium heat, add the onion and cook gently until translucent.
- Add tomato paste, stir to coat onion, cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomato and cook 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir.
- Deglaze with clam juice and veggie stock, bring to boil.
- Using an immersion blender puree mixture until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender use regular blender to achieve the same result.
- Reduce heat medium, add cream and stir, check and adjust seasoning. Add sherry and crab meat, stir. Serve immediately.