- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 cup onion
- 4 small dice stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled small dice
- 1 cup zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28-ounce can can diced tomatoes seasoned with garlic and onion
- 16 ounces vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1 15-ounce can white nav beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup washed and trimmed green beans cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Ditalini pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves stems trimmed if necessary
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, celery, carrots and zucchini to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and stir through vegetables, Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock and dried herbs to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
Add the tomato paste, coating the vegetables, cook for 2 minutes.
Add the white beans, kidney beans, and pasta to the pot. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Add green beans and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley before serving.
- Cuisine: Italian