If you love maraschino cherries, raise your glass to this Cherry Lover’s Manhattan Cocktail!
This week I am bringing you a cherrytastic Manhattan cocktail recipe. I first tried a Manhattan years ago and was not impressed with how strong it was. I don’t usually like purely booze drinks, so it’s not surprising that I wasn’t a fan. Recently, I have decided (for no good reason) that Manhattans pair well with old-school steak dinners, so I have created my own version that is a little sweeter and goes down more easily. If you prefer the original, dry version, then check out this recipe at Esquire magazine for a more classic Manhattan recipe (and turn away from what you are about to see).
I had a bottle of Luxardo maraschino liqueur in my cabinet from when I made Aviation cocktails a while back, and I thought it would be great for adding even more of that cherry flavor I love to this drink. Since that wasn’t quite enough, I also added a couple spoonfuls of the juice from the jar of cherries. Now, I realize that that “juice” is mostly corn syrup and red dye when it comes to plain ol’ grocery store maraschino cherries, but if you use a homemade or high quality version (affiliate link), it will be even better. Either way, you’ll appreciate the additional sweetness the cherry juice brings if you find traditional Manhattans a bit too strong like I do.
Do you have you own favorite version of a Manhattan cocktail that’s different than mine? Tell me about it in the comments! I’d love to try it your way too.
Wondering what to do with the rest of that Luxardo? Make your own maraschino cherries!
Need Martini glasses? Grab these sturdy ones from Amazon! (affiliate link)
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016