If you love maraschino cherries, raise your glass to this Cherry Lover’s Manhattan Cocktail!
This week I am bringing you a cherrytastic Manhattan cocktail recipe. I first tried a Manhattan years ago and was not impressed with how strong it was; I don’t usually like purely booze drinks. Recently, I have decided (for no good reason) that Manhattans pair well with old-school steak dinners, so I have created my own version that is a little sweeter and goes down more easily. Check out this recipe at Esquire magazine for a more classic Manhattan recipe (and turn away from what you are about to see).
I had a bottle of Luxardo maraschino liqueur in my cabinet from when I made Aviation cocktails a while back, and I thought it would be great for adding even more of that cherry flavor I love to this drink. Since that wasn’t quite enough, I also added a couple spoonfuls of the juice from the jar of cherries. Now, I realize that that “juice” is mostly corn syrup and red dye when it comes to plain ol’ grocery store maraschino cherries, but if you use a homemade or high quality version, it will be even better. Either way, you’ll appreciate the additional sweetness the cherry juice brings if you find traditional Manhattans a bit too strong like I do.
Do you have you own favorite version of a Manhattan cocktail that’s different than mine? Tell me about it in the comments! I’d love to try it your way too.
Wondering what to do with the rest of that Luxardo? Make your own maraschino cherries!
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016
- Oven Taquitos with Sriracha Salmon - July 26, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016