With a simple shortcut, you can have this avocado rice ready for the dinner table in about five minutes!
It took me a while to get used to the switch, but I am finally used to eating brown rice instead of white. Not only am I used to it, I would even say I prefer the chewy texture and nutty flavor of brown rice in most cases. The only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that it takes 40+ minutes to cook. I did finally get a rice cooker a few months ago, which makes perfect rice easily, but it takes more like an hour to cook brown rice! Sometimes I don’t have an hour to wait for dinner to be ready, and in those cases I am in total love with frozen brown rice! Have you seen this stuff? It’s pre-cooked brown rice in steamable bags that you pop in your microwave for a few minutes. Voila! Perfect brown rice in practically no time!
I like to use frozen rice in this avocado rice recipe because it means a 5-minute side dish. You can’t beat that! This tangy rice is great on its own or added to tacos or burritos. I hope this will become one of your go-to recipes for nights when you need a super quick meal!
You’ll also love these easy side dishes:
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016
- 7 Ways to Make Recipes Healthier - June 7, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #176 - June 3, 2016