With a simple shortcut, you can have this avocado rice ready for the dinner table in about five minutes!
It took me a while to get used to the switch, but I am finally used to eating brown rice instead of white. Not only am I used to it, I would even say I prefer the chewy texture and nutty flavor of brown rice in most cases. The only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that it takes 40+ minutes to cook. I did finally get a rice cooker a few months ago, which makes perfect rice easily, but it takes more like an hour to cook brown rice! Sometimes I don’t have an hour to wait for dinner to be ready, and in those cases I am in total love with frozen brown rice! Have you seen this stuff? It’s pre-cooked brown rice in steamable bags that you pop in your microwave for a few minutes. Voila! Perfect brown rice in practically no time!
I like to use frozen rice in this avocado rice recipe because it means a 5-minute side dish. You can’t beat that! This tangy rice is great on its own or added to tacos or burritos. I hope this will become one of your go-to recipes for nights when you need a super quick meal!
You’ll also love these easy side dishes:
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 19, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016