With a simple shortcut, you can have this avocado rice ready for the dinner table in about five minutes!
It took me a while to get used to the switch, but I am finally used to eating brown rice instead of white. Not only am I used to it, I would even say I prefer the chewy texture and nutty flavor of brown rice in most cases. The only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that it takes 40+ minutes to cook. I did finally get a rice cooker a few months ago, which makes perfect rice easily, but it takes more like an hour to cook brown rice! Sometimes I don’t have an hour to wait for dinner to be ready, and in those cases I am in total love with frozen brown rice! Have you seen this stuff? It’s pre-cooked brown rice in steamable bags that you pop in your microwave for a few minutes. Voila! Perfect brown rice in practically no time!
I like to use frozen rice in this avocado rice recipe because it means a 5-minute side dish. You can’t beat that! This tangy rice is great on its own or added to tacos or burritos. I hope this will become one of your go-to recipes for nights when you need a super quick meal!
You’ll also love these easy side dishes:
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016
- Red White and Blue Fluff Salad - July 1, 2016
- Spicy Mac and Cheese with Pork - June 28, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #179: Reunited! - June 24, 2016
- 15 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners - June 22, 2016