Hello, my friends! How was your Halloween? Ours was pretty good, and now we have more candy than I know what to do with. I need to start looking for recipes that could use some of it!
What did you do for costumes? The Pants was an Old West bartender, and I was a tavern maiden.
The boys were ninjas…
Until The Short One changed into his Ironman costume.
Now it’s November, and we’re thinking less about costumes and more about stuffing ourselves at Thanksgiving and going Christmas shopping.
I wasn’t sure I would get this menu ready for today because The Short One was home sick from preschool all week, and Halloween kept us busy. Never fear! I somehow cobbled together this list of seven tasty dinners for you while sipping a margarita on Friday night. Everyone knows that margaritas and meal planning go hand in hand. So, here’s a week full of easy dinner ideas for you!
- Southwestern Salad with Pork – This was my recipe for TodaysMama this week. It comes on the heels of Steak Caprese Pasta Salad from last week’s menu. The Pants said he could get used to red meat in his salad, so I might have started a trend around here!
- Tilapia Sandwiches with Spicy Mayo – I love fish sandwiches, and these are easy and tasty. If you don’t want the spicy to end, why not serve them up with Light Buffalo Potato Salad?
- Cabbage Roll Casserole – Look, I know this recipe doesn’t sound particularly exciting, but it’s GOOD, y’all. As soon as you smell it cooking, you will be excited, and who doesn’t love a one-dish meal?
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches – This was a very early recipe here at TWC, and it was begging for a makeover. You will love these sandwiches with savory dipping sauce, and please enjoy the new photos. Serve them up with grape tomatoes and apple slices to give the appearance of a healthy dinner.
- Spicy Molasses Chicken – This chicken is no joke on the spiciness, but you could tone it down by seeding your peppers or leaving them out completely. We enjoyed this chicken with Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese and sliced tomatoes.
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps – I hope I’m not playing the sandwich card too many times in this menu, but these are wraps, so that hardly even counts. Please note that I restrained myself from recommending fries with the tilapia sandwiches and French dips so I could suggest them here. Make your own or bake up frozen fries at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes for a tasty, fun dinner!
- Salmon and Vegetables over Rice – Before I was The Weary Chef and was just a weary chef, we ate this meal about once a week. Love it!
That’s all there is to see here. Enjoy your week. Enjoy your dinners. Oh, and let me know which recipe is your favorite from this lineup!
Leave a Reply