These Easter bars made with cheerios and pretzels are a festive treat that’s easy to make for any holiday!
Are you excited for Easter? I’m not that into it, but I am in favor of any occasion that gives me an excuse to eat candy. It’s also fun to dye eggs with the boys. When I say fun, I mean it’s fun for them while I panic that dye is going to spill all over and ruin things. Sometimes we do they dying outside, which definitely reduces the anxiety.
Anyway, back to the food. These cereal bars are a fun way to enjoy festive candy, but they aren’t overly sweet. I used candy-coated pretzels, which add a pop of color and delicious crunch. These salty-sweet bars also have broken pretzel pieces and hearty Cheerios for a snack you will love.
You do need to refrigerate these Easter bars to get them to hold together. Since they are made with Cheerios instead of the traditional rice cereal, they crumble apart a bit more. That’s OK. They can crumble right into my mouth! If you can’t find the candy-coated pretzels, look for pretzel M&Ms, or you could use regular M&M’s. Chocolate is always a welcome addition to pretty much any dessert.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 4 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks broken
- 1 cup candy-coated pretzels
- Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, heat butter for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme, and heat for 30-60 seconds longer (stirring after 30 seconds), until smooth.
- Stir cereal, pretzels, and candies into marshmallow mixture until evenly coated. Press cereal into prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting and serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
You’ll love these other no-bake treats too!