Want to prepare some sweet candy 100% homemade? Need something sweet to serve your elegant girlfriends when they visit? Or just want something crunchy and still delicious to eat with your hubby in front of a Christmas movie? Try these flavored praline pecans!
Praline pecans are a delicious dessert with a buttery rich flavor. Also, the candied pecan treat is made on the stovetop and they are so quick and easy to prepare. They are perfect for gift-giving around the winter holidays. If you like pecans, you’ll love this sweet recipe.
Praline Pecans FAQs
- What are praline pecans made of? – The praline is a southern tradition, commonly made with sugar, corn syrup, milk, butter, and pecan halves. Also, when you say “praline”, you most certainly refer to a crisp caramelized sugar candy. The first praline was invented in France in the 17th Century. Also, the Praline is named after César Duc de Choiseul, Comte du Plessis-Praslin, a French diplomat.
- What is the difference between candied pecans and praline pecans? – Candied pecans are pecans coated in egg whites, sugar, and spices, then baked in the oven until crispy. Pralines are a type of candy made with crunchy pecan halves dropped in a caramel base.
- Are praline pecans healthy? – Pecans are a good source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which help lower blood pressure. In addition, most of the fat found in pecans is a healthy type called monounsaturated fat. Eating foods with monounsaturated fat can help lower levels of bad LDL cholesterol.
- How to serve praline pecans? – Besides eating them on their own as a healthy substitute for Christmas candies, you can use the praline pecans as topping for other homemade desserts, like:
- How to store praline pecans? – For the best storage result, you should let them cool overnight. Then, I strongly recommend wrapping each praline individually in plastic wrap and then storing them in an airtight container (made from glass or metal). This container should be stored at room temperature. However, keep in mind that too low or high temperatures would damage the quality of your homemade pralines.
How to Make Praline Pecans at Home
This is one of my favorite holiday recipes, as it can take the place of that addictive and unhealthy store-bought candy. Moreover, it is super easy to make at home in less than 30 minutes. Not to mention that besides the pecans, you probably already have all the ingredients in your pastry. So, you won’t have a real reason you wouldn’t try to make your own holiday candy at home. Right?
I love this pecan praline recipe because it’s so easy to make and turns out fantastic. This old-fashioned southern treat will satisfy every sweet treat craving that you have. Therefore, let’s see what we need in order to rock this sweet recipe:
- 1 cup of pecan halves;
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar;
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar;
- 1/3 teaspoon of cinnamon;
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter;
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract;
- 1 teaspoon water.
Praline Pecans Step-by-Step Recipe
Finally, here are the steps you should follow in order to make this praline recipe. Don’t worry about a thing! It’s super easy to prepare, you’ll see.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and water to a saucepan on medium-high to high heat. Also, keep in mind to stir until well combined.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil while stirring often.
- Once brought to a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Then, add the pecans and stir until coated.
- Scoop the pralines out using a spoon onto a greased aluminum foil and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Finally, keep in mind that the praline pecans will continue to harden over the next few hours.
Easy Video Recipe
Last but not least, here is your ultimate help for preparing these festive praline pecans! This easy video tutorial shows you every step of the recipe and how simple it is to be made at home. You need only one pan, the stove top, and the ingredients from the previous list. However, don’t take my word; go and try to make it yourself, and let me know in the comments below how that went!
Enjoy Your Healthy Homemade Candy!
Well, now we certainly know everything there is to know about praline pecans recipe. Wasn’t it much easier to prepare it than you initially thought? I don’t want to be too excited about it, but for me was surprisingly easy and the result was just “wow”. When I first heard about this recipe from my aunt, I wouldn’t have believed such a healthy substitute for Christmas candy is so easy to prepare.
Finally, don’t forget that your input on everything I write about is extremely valuable. It really helps me know what you think about my work and how you would improve my recipes, ideas, and advice. So, keep on asking any questions in the comments section. I will make sure to respond as soon as possible! Furthermore, feel free to share your experience with the praline pecans recipe and all your advice on it. I am always super excited to hear from my beloved readers!
Last but not least, here are more dessert recipes that will be served just great around the Christmas holidays! I’ll try to recommend to you my healthiest recipes for this Christmas’s dessert section, as I am aware that someone’s well-being should be the most important gift of all: