Potatoes are my favorite comfort food. I cook them in every possible way, from a simple baked to an au gratin dish, and to buttery mashed potatoes. My red skin potato salad is legendary amongst loved ones for its creaminess and flavor bouquet. However, my favorite lunches are always paired with the Roasted Russet Potato Recipe.
Today’s recipe is oven-roasted russet potatoes and they are sure to become your new favorite side dish! The russet potato recipe is one of the classic side dishes that everyone should know how to prepare. Super easy to make, they pair perfectly with a variety of main dishes.
Russet Potato FAQs
Even though this is one of the easiest side dish recipes I know, you never know enough about the cooking process of a dish. You are already used to my style of letting you know every essential detail about a new recipe, so this FAQ section is not a surprise for anyone.
- What is the difference between a normal potato and a russet potato? – The Russet potato is large and has rough, brown skin with white, starchy flesh inside. This type of potato is also known as the Idaho potato and is very common throughout the US.
- Is the russet potato the same as a baking potato? – Russets are often called baking potatoes since brown-skinned, oblong-shaped potatoes are most often used for baking.
- What are russet potatoes good for? – Russet potatoes are one of the most used types of potatoes out there. They are great for baking, mashing, roasting, and french-frying. They’re also perfect for potato chips. So, their versatility is the benefit that makes them so popular.
- What potatoes are similar to russet potatoes? – Yukon Gold potatoes are the best substitute for the Russet potato. Although they have thinner skin and a more buttery texture, they are still great for mashing, baking, or frying.
How to Make Roasted Russet Potato
With their perfectly crisp edges and creamy, tender inside, this Russet Potato recipe will become your everyday side dish. A versatile and delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with just about any meal. Not to mention that the ingredient list is super simple and you can adapt it to your own taste. Just be creative when it comes to seasonings and transform the recipe as much as you prefer!
Russet Potato in the Oven Ingredient List
First of all, let’s find out what we need in order to prepare this russet potato recipe. Don’t worry; this is one of the simplest ingredient lists!
- 6 medium russet potatoes;
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper;
- 1 teaspoon rosemary;
- 1 1/2 fresh parsley (finely chopped).
Easy Step-by-Step Recipe
Now that you gather all the ingredients you need, next, you should read this step-by-step recipe, before actually preparing it. I always advise my beloved readers to read the instructions twice: first – before preparing the recipe and second – while they are cooking it. In this way, you’ll be able to predict the next step and you’ll be 100% ready to rock any recipe, no matter how hard it is.
- First of all, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Then, cut potatoes into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- Toss potato pieces with olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- Next, spread the potato pieces into a coated baking dish.
- Roast the russet potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, turning halfway through.
- Finally, sprinkle them with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy the russet potato with your favorite main dish or just with some dips.
Roasted Russet Potato Recipe
The roasted russet potato recipe is one of the classic side dishes that everyone should know how to prepare. Super easy to make, the roasted russet potatoes pair perfectly with a variety of main dishes.
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh persley finely chopped
First of all, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Then, cut potatoes into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
Toss potato pieces with olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until evenly coated.
Next, spread the potato pieces into a coated baking dish.
Roast the russet potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, turning halfway through.
Finally, sprinkle them with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy the russet potato with your favorite main dish or just with some dips.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Video Recipe for Roasted Russet Potatoes
Here is probably everyone’s favorite part of the article: the video instructions for the russet potato recipe. Even though it is one of the easiest side dish recipes I’ve ever prepared, I, however, recommend you also read the step-by-step recipe, not only watch the video instructions. Keep in mind that when I make these video recipes, I don’t add too much text, as I count on you to first read the written recipe.
Enjoy Your Russet Potatoes!
Finally, the perfect candidate for any meal, being a super delicious and flavored side dish – the russet potato recipe is ready! Even though they tend to sound like a boring side dish, you’ll see how they will satisfy any little greedy monster. Just toss your favorite seasonings before cooking and pair them with your favorite main dish! My kids just adore the russet potato recipe as much as I love to prepare it with the simplest ingredients.
However, now it’s time for you to share your experience with the Roasted Russet Potatoes recipe with me. So, tell everything about the recipe in the comments section below. As well, please, don’t hesitate to ask any further questions about our favorite side dish recipe. I will make sure to answer you as soon as possible!
Last but not least, if you are a big potato lover like myself, give the next recipes a try:
Leave a Reply