I can’t even describe to you how insanely good this apple bread makes your house smell while it is in the oven… Even though this apple cinnamon bread is usually a fall dessert recipe, I love to prepare it around the winter holidays, especially for the smell. Cinnamon is a staple flavor for Christmas in my family. Not to mention this is one of those healthy desserts I mentioned about in one of my latest recipes.
This is a quick bread recipe being a yeast-free loaf. So, if you follow the easy step-by-step recipe and gather all the simple ingredients, you should rock a fabulous treat for morning tea or hot cocoa. Try my Christmas special apple cinnamon bread – a buttery moist and cake-like bread with plenty of apples dotted in each slice.
How to Make the Simple Apple Cinnamon Bread
When it comes to baking with apples, keep in mind that firmer apples are ideal for baking; so avoid soft, mealy, and mushy fruits in your bread. In my opinion, green smith is the best type of apple for this cinnamon bread. They are firm, crispy, and not too sweet.
Now, that we also know the best type of apples for baking, we can also learn how to rock this recipe, starting with the split ingredient list and ending with a nice video tutorial.
First of all, it’s important to know exactly what you need in order to rock this apple cinnamon bread recipe! You don’t have to worry; probably you already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. However, I split the list into three parts in order to be even easier to follow.
- 1 Green Smith apple;
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar;
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- 2 cups of diced apples (skin on);
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder;
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger;
- 1.2 cups of all-purpose flour;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt;
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar;
- 1/2 cup of yogurt;
- 2 eggs;
- 1/2 cup of canola oil;
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Step-by-Step Recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Apple Bread
- First of all, preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F. Also, position the shelf in the middle of the oven.
- Spray a loaf pan with canola oil then line it with a single piece of paper leaving some overhang (that will help you easily remove the apple bread from the pan once it’s ready).
- Mix Cinnamon Apples ingredients in a bowl. Set aside while you prepare the batter.
- Then, whisk the cinnamon powder, grated ginger, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, yogurt, eggs, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the compositions from the two bawls in a bigger one and whisk just until smooth.
- Next, stir the Cinnamon Apples (including all juices).
- Scrape the apple batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the surface using a spatula.
- OPTIONAL: Slice one Green Smith apple and arrange the slices on top of the cinnamon apple bread. Cover with brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
- Then, cover the apple cinnamon bread with aluminum foil and bake for further 25 minutes. You can test if it’s ready using a toothpick. The toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out smooth and clean.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes in the pan then use the overhanging paper to remove it. Let it cool for at least 1 hour on a rack before slicing!
Apple Cinnamon Bread Video Recipe
One of the most good-looking desserts that I’ve ever prepared – I couldn’t do a little video tutorial for it! You see in the video below how easy is actually to prepare this apple bread! I’m so sorry that is not possible to share the smell, too! It’s a little Thanksgiving, a splash of Christmas, and some summer breeze in one healthy dessert!
Enjoy Your Christmas-ish Cinnamon Bread!
Finally, it’s time for you to share your experience with the apple cinnamon bread recipe with us. So, tell me everything about this Christmas dessert in the comments section below. How was your final result? Did you have all the ingredients or did you have to improvise? If so, how that went? Have you encountered any problems? Share everything, we are all here to help you!
Last but not least, one of the benefits I love the most of being a home cook mom is that you can explore many interesting, still healthy recipes that help you give your kids the vitamins they need. Nowadays is hard to convince the little monsters to eat healthier; that’s why I will give you three extra dessert ideas with fruits: