This Cheddar Chive Rice is a quick and easy side dish that you will want to make again and again!
Do you know how to make rice? I hope you said yes because if so, then you know how to make this incredibly simple and tasty side dish! You only need a handful of ingredients to make a rice dish that rivals risotto (without all that stirring). I used medium grain white rice, but you can use whatever variety of rice you like (even quinoa if you prefer)! This cheddar chive rice is great with chicken or fish, or you could even add it to burritos. Really, when isn’t cheesy rice welcome on the dinner table? It only uses a small amount of reduced-fat cheese to get all that cheddar flavor, so it’s a pretty healthy recipe. I hope it’s a hit at your house!Print
- 1 c. uncooked rice I used medium grain white rice
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese 2% milk cheese works great
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- Add rice, chicken broth, garlic powder, and a few grinds of black pepper to a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat. Stir, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook rice 20 minutes (adjust cooking time according to package directions if using brown rice or quinoa). When done stir in cheese and green onions before serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side Dish
Here’s are more rice side dishes I know you’ll love!