This easy vegetable beef soup is loaded with hamburger meat and vegetables. Make it in the slow cooker or on the stovetop in about a half hour!
When the weather is cold, there’s nothing better for dinner than a hot bowl of soup. You will love the simplicity of this hamburger soup loaded with vegetables like potatoes, corn, peas, and carrots. Of course, you can easily adjust the ingredient list to suit your taste.
This easy ground beef soup is inexpensive and quick to prepare, and the mild flavor appeals to kids and adults. Serve it with some homemade rolls and a little hot sauce on the side if you’re like me and like spicy food. This soup is great leftover, so be sure to make a big batch!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 ribs celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans drained
- 15 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans, corn)
- 48 ounces reduced-sodium beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large dutch oven or soup pot. Add beef, onion, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. Stir and cook until meat is cooked through, crumbling beef into small pieces as it cooks.
- Pour in remaining ingredients. Bring to a low boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer at least 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
If you would like to prepare this in a crockpot, transfer the cooked beef and vegetables in Step 1 to the slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients, and cook on low all day.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
More soup recipes to try: