Tuna salad is one of those foods that I am never excited to eat because it seems played out and boring, but then as soon as I taste it, I’m like, “Oh right, I love tuna salad!” These tuna melt tostadas are a fun new way to eat an old favorite. The Pants is a man of few words. He usually doesn’t say much more than, “It’s pretty good” when he eats his dinner, so I knew I was onto something great when he couldn’t stop talking about this one. Overall, he said, “I like the crunchiness and the toppings and the tuna and everything about it.” That’s what I call a rave review! When it comes to tuna salad, I think we all have our own way of making it. If you like to add celery or apple or potted meat (that’s how my mom used to make it!) or salad dressing, then by all means use your favorite method. You could even pick up a pint of tuna salad from your grocery store deli and turn this into a REALLY easy dinner! I like my tuna salad pretty plain with just mustard, mayo, and a lot of relish. I add boiled egg if convenient, but I didn’t think that would turn out right in this baked version so skipped it.
The only challenging part of tuna melt tostadas is keeping the lettuce and tomato on the tostada when you eat it. It’s certainly not appropriate food for a first date, but it’s great for families who like to giggle while watching each other drop vegetation on their plate throughout the meal. You could even turn this dinner into a contest, letting the person who drops the fewest tomatoes get out of cleanup duty! Tostadas always come in packs of a million, so use the rest of the package to make these Chicken Tostadas later in the week!
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016