The other day I was at the grocery store, and I saw that limes (and I’m talking about tiny limes) cost $0.79 each. US dollars, people. It felt very wrong to pay $5 for six limes the size of brussels sprouts, but what can I say? It was margarita night. A few days later, I took my boys to their annual checkups, and somehow the pediatrician brought up the cost of limes. As it turns out, there is some sort of drug cartel situation plus flooding in Mexico, combined with a drought in California, causing a lime shortage. After finding out about that, I felt grateful to have my tiny tart gems available. Hopefully all will return to normal with the lime supply soon (or maybe my lime tree will eventually start actually producing fruit), but for now I’ll try to use lime juice a little more sparingly. Fortunately, these chili lime tortilla chips only need about a tablespoon of lime juice, but that is plenty to add a pop of flavor in these crunchy, baked chips. This is a recipe that I have planned to share with you for at least a year, but I never got around to it until now. I’m so happy to finally show you these sturdy, easy chips perfect for dipping. I hope you have a chance to try them yourself very soon!
- This Buffalo Ranch Chicken and Rice might be your new favorite dinner recipe! Only needs one pot and42k Shares
- This overnight oats recipe with dark chocolate and banana makes for a deliciously satisfying and eas32.3k Shares
- Cheesy Mexican Meatballs are a little spicy, a lot cheesy, and one of those meals that the whole fam19.6k Shares
- Dive into this scrumptious deviled egg potato salad - a perfect summer side dish!16.4k Shares
- You only need a few simple ingredients to make these scrumptious Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms! They are13.7k Shares